Sweet Baby B is three months old today.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Sweet Baby B is three months old today.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
We do have power now, and I will post more about how we rojoiced in the streets on Friday night at 11:00pm when our electricity was restored. I wanted to embrace the Duke Energy technician. Not kidding.
I will also post about Baby B's first outing to see the Cinci Reds, and the baby dedication service at church. I will also post about how I have totally not got around to his birth announcements yet. But, again, I have an excuse - I was waiting for his baby acne to clear up. It was rough, but it only lasted a month as his pediatrician promised.
More tomorrow when I'm a little more organized and a little less tired. Peace.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
And though every room is accented with a pile of laundry, an abnormally large baby occupier (hello, floor gym - could you be any bigger?), and an empty can of Diet Coke, it is our house and I miss it dearly.
That being said - yes, we are on Day Four without power. So, maybe it was fun for the first four hours to play in the wind with the neighbors and search for every candle and flashlight we could find, but now - four days later - I'M OVER IT.
And the amount of TV stations we have to choose from at my inlaws is giving us a complex - I only want to choose from channels 5, 9, and 12 - not channels 1 through 987! Did you even know a channel existed that just shows all the different ways you can prepare a banana?! Just kidding, but hey, with the selection they have it could totally be possible. I digress...
Anyway, B's parents have been super hospitable and we cannot complain even a bit about our accommodations (well, maybe the pink princess bedding Baby B is sleeping on...). We're very fortunate to have a bed to sleep on and a hot shower in the morning. And my heart certainly goes out to those in TX without homes or those who don't have family to stay with. But, nevertheless, it's not like we ever expected Kentucky to be hit with a Level I hurricane. I mean, the Ohio River is the closest body of water for goodness sake. Three-headed catfish are all we bargained for, not 78mph winds.
B's office is still out of power also, so he's been Super Dad by taking good care of Baby B (I returned to work today). He may not work all week.
Nothing like a free vacation in September, eh? If only it weren't hurricane season we could have re-booked our cruise to the Caribbean. Oh wait, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place without the hurricane. We can't win.
Again, pray for power. We miss our cozy little cable-less home :(
Monday, September 15, 2008
So, you probably don't know this, but B is a big practical joker. He especially loves to scare people, particularly me and his mother. When he was younger, he used to scare his mom with this creepy little figure that is made from some of his brother's old clothes (check out the acid wash jeans - totally circa 1994!). He would put it in random spots in the house at night and then just wait for her to run into it. To this day, B still thinks it's pretty hilarious to spook her, or anyone else for that matter.
Before I continue, I must mention that we love our neighbors, Josh and Beth. We hang out with them often, and Josh and B always cut up with each other while Beth and I just roll our eyes at them. They're the kind of neighbors that call you from Krogers when they find a clearance deal on Huggies or invite you over to watch the Stanley Cup finals because you don't have cable. But, they're also the kind of neighbors that have college team loyalties that totally clash with ours. You see, Josh is a big ND fan, and, being UofM fans, we have a little discrepancy - the Irish and the Maize-n-Blue don't seem to mix well.
So, B has been wanting to scare Josh and Beth with this spooky guy for awhile now. So, he brought it to our house from his parents,' glue-gunned its head back on, and then at about 9pm on Sunday we set out on our mission (yes, I was the look-out). First, B made the following note...
Then, he set said figure on their doorstep, knocked on the door, and booked it back to our house where we watched them freak out from our side window. It. Was. HILARIOUS. Neither of them would touch it! We later found out they thought it was a small child. A really freaky small child.
So, before they called the policed, B ran over and outed us. Here is what the inside of the note said:
Unfortunately, UofM lost to ND, but we still think we're the better team . And now we're just waiting for Josh and Beth to return the practical joking - supposedly they're bringing out the "Fuh-nay-nay" - whatever that means. We'll let you know when they get us. However, we've already planned our next plot against the neighbors... he he he ;)
And, to update you on the power outage situation, we're STILL without power and are staying at B's parents' house for the second night in a row. Good thing Baby B is only 2.5 months old and can't be permanently damaged by the pink Disney princess crib bedding he's sleeping on. I'm off school AGAIN tomorrow, and I totally didn't spend today polishing off lesson plans, so it's a good thing.
Say a prayer for electricity - we're one of 41,000 costumers in our county without it!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
On the upside, school is cancelled tomorrow, meaning that Baby B and I get to spend a luxurious day together (I'll be catching up on lesson plans that I couldn't do today since I was without laptop power). And, at this point, B may be home with us too, as his office is currently without electricity.
It's been a pretty crazy day. Our down-the-street neighbor lost half of an enormous tree, and my dad and B came to the rescue and helped pick up the debris. My dad used his chainsaw to break everything up (you know that was so right up his alley) and the rest of us (including our fav neighbors, Josh and Beth) pulled limbs to a big stack. There are no traffic lights working either which is pretty scary.
Fortunately, B's parents have electricity, so we're vacationing in the Hills tonight. B's passed out on the couch - he was watching the football game - and Baby B's snoozling in his "pink" crib upstairs. Hopefully our power will return tomorrow!
Oh, and our camera is dead, otherwise I would have taken pics of the windy massacre today and posted them. Maybe tomorrow...
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
My name is Baby B. I won't take a nap for my mommy today, so she told me to blog hoping that it would wear me out. I doubt it. I'm a pretty active little dude. Sometimes, I pretend like I want to sleep (I'll close my eyes and everything - just for dramatic effect), and then as soon as she lays me down -pop!- I make my eyes real wide and let her know I was only kidding. She's so silly, that mommy, to think that I'd rather be anywhere other than in her lap, cuddling. It's so much more comfy there than in my lonely crib, ya know?
Now that I'm a big 10 Weeks Old, I like to hold my head up real high and pretend I can fly. See?
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
1. Baby B is totally still sleeping in his pack-n-play next to our bed. The whole let's-try-sleeping-in-the-crib idea was a bust. So, I guess we're officially modified co-sleepers (somethings I was VERY against before I met Baby B, but he charmed me into it). I mean, he's only a this little once. Thus, I can only roll over and look at his precious face for a couple more months before I become a distraction and prevent him from sleeping because I'm staring at him. Plus, it makes his midnight snacking habit much more tolerable since I don't have to trek to the other side of the house to get him. Okay, his room is actually an extension of our room, but still, it is the other side of the house.
2. I kept meaning to update the library book situation, which ended up being a bad situation for me financially. After B sent me this article, I decided I might want to return the stash I was hoarding instead of risking jail time. (They probably don't let you bring your breastpump to jail with you, and that right there would be bad news for everyone involved.) Nevertheless, I paid $24.50 in fines. Oops.
The main reason I haven't posted (besides the fact that I am a working mother with a life), is that I cannot for the life of me find the camera. Which means I can only provide you with words and no pictures. Major bummer.
So, here's some random things you need to know...
1. The air conditioner is working. And then it's not. And then it's working again. And then it's not. This is very frustrating. But, today, it's a lovely 68 degrees out currently with a pleasant breeze, so we have the windows open. Love it.
2. Baby B is still recovering from his cold. But he's not near as snuffly as he was a week and a half ago. We also went to his two-month check-up last week. Here are his current stats: 13lb9oz and 24" long - the 90th percentile in both! He's growing like a weed. He also had to get FOUR shots which all but broke my heart. I cried harder than he did.
Oh, and guess what? BABY B ROLLED OVER YESTERDAY! And, it couldn't be a fluke because he did it SIX TIMES!!!! He's so amazing and intelligent and super-dee-duper and terrific and lovely and all the most wonderful adjectives rolled into one diapered little bundle. Sigh. Love him.
3. My handyman husband is accomplishing task after task at our house. The glass front door did go up last weekend (after two straight days of work and the purchase of a $150 saw to help install it!). We owe a HUGE thanks to my father-in-law, Mike, who spent his Labor Day weekend helping us out. Then, B and Matt, our brother-in-law, installed a ceiling fan in Baby B's room and are putting the second one in our room today. Wahoo! And, to top it all off, B fixed the washer. Love my husband. Most of the time, anyway ;)
4. A big congrats to Chels, Matt, and Soph - they're having a BOY! Can you puh-leaaaaase name him Gretzsky? He he he....
5. Another big congrats to new parents, Rachel and Lee, on the birth of their son, Walker! Baby B and Walker will attend UK together in the fall of 2026. Holy Cow. We're very excited for them and cannot wait to meet the new little man. And, Rach, I PROMISE you will eventually receive the gifts that I purchased Walker, ummmmm, before Baby B arrived. Sorry!
Okay, when we locate the camera I will post pics of the new door and of my amazing son. Have a great Saturday!
Monday, September 1, 2008
What you are looking at is $151.53 worth of goodies that I paid $5.22 for! And, it's all name brand stuff, too!
When the cashier was ringing me up at CVS, she was like: "Ummmm, you're in the negative. Like, we OWE YOU money. You're going to have to go pick up something else." FOR REAL?!
Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit.
And, I transferred a prescription to CVS which resulted in a bonus for me - a FREE $25 giftcard! AND, $25 in Extra Care Bucks that I can use LIKE CASH next time I shop. Awesome.
Take that, Economy.