- My husband drinks a lot of milk. A LOT. I found two gallons marked down to 59 cents a piece at my local store, so I was able to buy milk at a fraction of what I usually spend AND I used some ECBS towards another gallon that ended up being FREE!
- I do buy Baby B organic whole milk because I'm freaked out about him growing armpit hair at age seven. I try hard to stay away from anything with added growth hormone (i.e. most milk), additives or preservatives. I'm mostly successful, but not always.
- Since my husband has been through puberty, he drinks the regular old milk and laughs at me for buying the expensive stuff for our son. Make fun all you want, baby.
- I will post a meal plan match-up eventually that details what we're eating this week. Sorry for those of you who came to look at pictures of Baby B. Come back soon for those.
- Of course I already have a pantry and freezer full of other items that we use too. I also have a stockpile (closet-full) of toiletries. Will post more on this some other time.
All in all, I spent $51.31 on everything written about and pictured below.
Trip # 2: Walgreens
1 Pkg Huggies Wipes @ $3.29 - $2 store coupon = $1.29 - $1.50 mfc = FREE
(I paid 20 cents in tax though. Coupons never cover tax, btw!)
Trip #3: KMart
1 Pkg Pamper Diapers @ $9.99 - $4mfc = $5.99
(KMart is running SUPER DOUBLE COUPONS - up to $2 - at my store this week, so the $2mfc turned into $4! Yipee!)
Trip #4: Kroger/CVS/Local Store
4 Fruit2Os @ $5.24 - $4mfc = $1.24 (or 31 cents a piece)
2 Reece Cups @ $1.00 - $1mfc = FREE
1 Charmin TP @ $1.88 - $1mfc = $.88
2 Hershey's Syrup @ $3.16 - $1mfc = $2.16 (or $1.08 a piece)
1 Private Selection Organic Milk @ $2.79 = $2.79
2 L'Oreal Vive Shampoo & Conditioner BOGO @ $3.79 - $2mfc = $1.79 (or 89 cents a piece)
2 Pkg Dannon Yogurt @ $3.76 - $2mfc = $1.76 (or 88 cents a piece)
1 Can Chickpeas @ $.99
1.34 lbs Red Potatos @ $1.33
3 apples @ $1.00
2.19 lbs Chiquita Bananas @ $1.05
2 Pkg Ball Park Hotdogs @ $2.00 - $1mfc = $1.00 (or 50 cents a piece)
1 Pkg Tyson Fresh Chicken Cutlets @ $3.99 - $1mfc = $2.99
1 Pkg Tysen Chicken Nuggets @ $3.29 - $1mfc = $2.29
1 Zucchini @ $.51
1 Yellow Squash @ $.58
1 Bag Dole Salad @ $.98
1 Bag Peaches @ $1.48
3 Ears of Corn @ $.51
1 Pkg Baby Carrots @ $.99
1 Quarter Watermelon @ $.94
Total = $54.84
After Coupons/Kroger Plus Card = $27.95
Total Saved = $26.89 or 49%
2 Bouncy Balls @ $.98
1 Gallon Milk @ $2.39
Total = $3.37
Total after $3 ECB = $.37
1 lb Jenni-O Ground Turkey @ $3.99 - $3.99mfc = FREE
2 Gallons of milk @ $1.18
Total = $5.17
Total After Coupons = $1.18
Total Saved = $3.99 or 77%