Image Map

Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday at the Mullins

Baby B has a cold. Oh, he his so pitiful - all coughing and sniffly and such. Which, of course, makes me feel like an awful mother considering I am probably the bearer of bad germs. It's all those kindergarteners, I tell you, germing it up all around me. Thus, we went to visit the doctor today, who confirmed that, yes, he has a bad cold and it could last 1-2 weeks. Ick, ick, and double ick. Do you know how much fun it is to stick a bulb syringe up the nose of your most favorite person in the world (besides B, of course)? It. Is. MISERABLE. Talk about feeling like a bad mom. I feel terrible doing it, but the doctor says that's what must be done. So, I guess I'm going to be a snot-sucker-extraordinaire until he's all better. Nevertheless, we came home from the doctor, put on our p-jammies and have been happily cuddling on the couch ever since we returned. There's nothing like holding a snoozling baby. Sigh. It's then that there's peace on earth.

In other news, my latest project is pasta dying. How fun is that? It's for the sorting center for my kindergarteners. And it's super-cheap too. Food coloring, bottles of rubbing alcohol, various pasta shapes, and - ta da - multi-colored pasta! (Obviously NOT for eating once dyed.)

Also, who saw my child's namesake at the Olympic Closing Ceremony last night? SO COOL. And, he's not bad to stare at either ;) I, personally, am kind of glad the Olympics are over. After Phelps won his 8 medals and the gymnastics portion was complete I was pretty much over it. Okay, well, the amazing running Jamaican was pretty cool too. I'm just really looking forward to regularly scheduled programming, like the 11-0-clock news, for instance. I was going through Derek Beasley withdrawals.

Welp, back to snoozling with my Lil Bear. Have a great Monday!

No comments: