Image Map

Sunday, July 5, 2009

I say banana, you say bah...

Oh, for the love of the bib. How on Earth do you remove mushed-in, squished-in banana from bibs, onesies, highchair straps, your child's eyelashes, etc??????


Baby B is absolutely destroying everything mentioned above. With the exception of the eyelashes. A good bath always does the trick there. Nevertheless, I just don't know what to do short of strippin' him down to his birthday suit to let him nosh on his most favorite fruit. Which is, in fact, bananas. Or bah if you are 1 year and 1 week old.


I pre-treat most everything with a good soak in water, and peel off as much of the mush as I can, but this appears to be a battle that I won't win. So, fellow mommy bloggers and/or BFFs, help a motha out. Please post your best secret for de-bananafying your baby's clothes. And while you're coming up with good ideas, I will finish off half of the super stack of Honey Mustard Pringles that I bought with the intention of taking them on vacation. Ha.

2 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I can't say that I have great advice for this one. My Abby and all of my kids always made a mess out of banana. Abby likes avocado and that makes a great mess too. Last week I actually put her in the bath tub minus the water and gave her a plate with banana on it. Remove plate when done. Add water and soap and scrub a dub dub. Obviously this isn't what MOST moms would do.

Lea Liz said...

I don't have advice with the bananas just yet.. but let me know cause I am sure I will need the tips sooner or later!!

I get his smocked clothing different places... Bella Bliss in Lexington, Oopsie Dasies in Mt Sterling, The Plaid Rabbit in Maysville and then I get a lot off ebay!!