Image Map

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Update

The Shred = FAIL.

Apparently, the library only lets you check out a DVD for a week, so I didn't continue. I stopped at Day 3. Plus, it was really annoying to do it in my living room, on top of my squeaky hardwood floors that drove me insane as I pretended to jump rope in place.

I've always liked to run. It's free, easy, and invigorating. Lately, I've been craving a good run. Not surprisingly, the holiday season is encroaching and I'd also like a little wiggle room, per se, so I can snack on extra pumpkin roll and a second spoonful of mashed potatoes.

So, this morning I laced up my sneakers puchased B.C. (before child), and hit the pavement. At a slow jog. My chest was heaving, my lungs burned, and my hammies need a good stretch, but I feel so much better. There's just nothing like running. Now if only I can keep it up. I'm not going to put any pressure on myself or feel bad if I miss a run, but at least I'm doing something. {I miss the nursing diet desperately, though.}

Besides my ancient shoes, I was also sporting a long-sleeve tee from [gulp] TEN YEARS AGO!


Here's what it says on the front:
There's a million things more important than CHEERLEADING.
Here's what the back says:
But I can't think of one.

Ha! I think I need to upgrade my exercise wardrobe. And my iPod playlist whose latest adds were from late 2007 and included Gimme More (Britney), Stronger (Kanye), and See You Again (Miley Cyrus). This is the complete truth. The last time I consistently worked out I was almost nine months pregnant and probably offended the treadmill with the amount of weight I had it bear.

{SHUT THE FRONT DOOR - they are predicting flurries on Thanksgiving! Yay!}

And, in case you wondered, New Moon was excellent. I know completely understand the Team Edward vs Team Jacob dynamic.

Happy Saturday!

6 comments:

Gina said...

I am not a Kanye fan...but man, do I love to work out to his music. And Stronger will forever be one of my favorites. So inspiring.

Mommy Webb said...

You go girl! I have started working out three times a week in a class called "boot camp." It is kicking my rear end, but I want to get into good shape before I start trying for Webb Baby #2:). You look great now, btw.

Amy said...

I was always jealous of the fact that you could go without running for like 9 months and then bust out a 4 miler! Remember those days when I tried to keep up with you?? Hope your run was fun!

Sarah C. said...

I absolutely love running too! It makes you feel so good. Sometimes it's hard to find the time, though.

Anonymous said...

i.hate.to.run.

but i wish i liked it.

i thought new moon was a little less than excellent. i would rate it as "pretty good." that wolf pack needs some acting classes.

Nat said...

Good job with the running!! I LOVE running- it's my favorite form of exercise. Plus like you said it's free and can be done anywhere.

I think I'm going to join the Twilight groupies. I waiting to get the book from a friend!