Image Map

Thursday, December 9, 2010

{First Grade} Holiday Literacy Center

Hey, y'all!  We're doing a Grinch/Reindeer Unit next week to finish up the holidays, but in case you wanted a little preview of what we're doing (or need an idea for a holiday lit center!), I thought I'd post one activity I'll include in our literacy centers.

Santa Sentences

You can find specific directions here

In this activity, there are 5 pre-made sentences.  Teachers will cut/laminate the pieces for each sentence and the student will arrange them in a meaninful order.  Afterwards, students will write the sentence on the recording sheet and respond to the question that is asked.  You can find the pieces here and the recording sheet here

I hope you can use this activity!  Please let me know if you're not able to view the links :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you are full of great ideas! Makes me want to go back to teaching just a little bit just so I can use some of these! Will def. save them in my file for (maybe) use in the future! ;)

I've been MIA lately in the blogworld. Hoping to catch back up SOON! Have a fantastic day!

According to Ashley said...

Can't wait for you to start a separate "teaching" blog soon! Love your cute ideas!

Jamie said...

What a FUN activitiy! Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

absees123s said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile, but have never commented! Thank you sooooo much for this wicked cute idea! I am a 1st grade teacher in Knoxville, TN and am always looking for new ideas! Thank you for sharing your creativity!

absees123s said...

BTW..I forgot this earlier...what font is that? :O)

Erica said...

Wow! Do you make/laminate all of these things yourself?! How do you find the time? I'm sure your kids love the Santa stuff. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very, very much..you are incredible!!!

Stephanie said...

Such a cute idea. We did question sentences several weeks ago. "We used animal sounds with it. What noise does a cow make?" BUT this is WAY cuter. I need to remember this idea for next year!! :)

Brittany said...

Cute Cute!!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Love this...for sure printed and saved it for my future classroom! Thanks for sharing!

Ellen said...

I'm curious if you teach at a public school, or private school, and where abouts it is....I'm in NOVA and even Dicken's Christmas Carol is frowned upon.

lovetwoteach said...

I love it! I am printing off and saving for next year! We work at a year round school and are already off. :( But :) for me!!!
Kristen
first-grade-teachers.blogspot.com

Mrs. Faust said...

Awesome activity! Thanks so much!