Image Map

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snowday Tidbits...

    A pic of us taken on this exact day last year!
  • The snow hit, as the weather people predicted it would, so not typing up sub plans yesterday wasn't in vain.  However, the bad news is that the reason I was taking off was to see my spritely little elf sing in his preschool's Christmas Pageant.  Since they operate on the same snow day schedule as the county I teach in, that meant that Becks' school was cancelled too. Boo.  They're rescheduling after the new year.
  • I've had a productive - but lazy -  kind of day.  I started the crockpot around 10am this morning, and the savory smell of stew is making my house smell perfectly delicious. I can hardly wait until 5pm :)  When Becks gets up we're making chocolate chip cookies to really round out the snow day smorgasbord.  Yum.
  • I bought myself some birthday gifts (because isn't that what we all do, ladies?) from NY&Co, including tall yoga pants.  These, believe it or not, are very hard to come by.  And for $14.97 a piece, I'll take three please.  {FYI: Everything is 40% off today and when you use a code you can get $50 off a purchase of $100.}
  • Many of you have asked about my WIWW posts.  Honestly, I've been so busy {and forgetful!} that I haven't been snapping pics of my outfits daily...or even for the past month!  Maybe I'll be back on the WIWW train during holiday break :)
  • Today, I've built, put away, and rebuilt several looping train tracks throughout the living room.  Right when we clean everything up, Becks wants to play with them again.  Figures.
  • In case you missed my edit, the headband headwarmers were made for me by a girl from church.  However, there are plenty of Etsy retailers who I'm sure would love your business!
  • I may lose followers for this admission, but it's a risk I'm willing to take (and I think most of you probably already know about my MTV reality show addiction).....I might have also taken 2 minutes of my time today to watch the trailer of Teen Mom 2, which is looking like it's going to be a pretty entertaining season.  Love it.
  • I spent about 30 minutes trying to locate a personalizable bean bag chair for Becks for Christmas, not realizing that omiword these things cost upwards of $100!  Any suggestions, friends?
  • If you haven't already, check out my Headband Headwarmer Giveaway posted below! 
  • I wrapped 24 Junie B. Jones books today to give to my firsties tomorrow - if we even have school.  Truly, though, I do want school to be in tomorrow because no teacher wants to have a Christmas party the first day back to school after the holidays (which our principal has asked us to do if we're cancelled tomorrow!  The horror!). 
  • I got my first birthday card in the mail today, among a half-dozen Christmas cards.  I love getting the mail in December.
Happy Snow Day, blog buddies!

12 comments:

Ariane said...

Mmm, chocolate chip cookies!

Hailey said...

I'm jealous of your productivity on your snow day! I am on a snow day too, and the only productive thing I've done all day is "wrap" (more like bag up) my homemade crayons for my firsties. I also blogged about your give-away. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can both have school and holiday parties tomorrow!!

Sallie said...

1. I also saw the Teen Mom 2 trailer. I can't wait.
2. Get a bean bag from Walmart and buy a bean bag slipcover (I think Kmart carries them...) Then, take it to an embroidery place (we have one in the Walmart that is reasonable). You could probably do the whole thing for maybe $50-60? I am lazy and just went the PBK route (but gave it to my MIL as a gift idea SO free for me-ha!) Good luck!
3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

According to Ashley said...

Snow day for us, too! I finally got around to putting the finishing touches on my holiday decor and now I'm about to start wrapping Christmas presents! Hooray!

Brandi said...

I also watch trashy tv like Teen Mom, 16 and Preggers, Real Housewives, etc. You name it, I watch it!!! TRASH!!! HA! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Crockpots and chocolate chip cookies sounds like the perfect snow day! Hope you get to have your party tomorrow!

Jamie said...

Glad you had a fun snow day! And that's a big negative on having a Christmas party when you come back in January! I'm all for giving the kids their gifts but not a full out party!

Have a fantastic Friday!

Erica, and Tia said...

For the bean bag have you tried Lillian Vernon.com. They sale bean bags that you can have personalized. Hope that helps.

California Wife said...

I sure hope you had school today, because your principal is clearly crazy for asking you to have a party after break... what an awful idea! I had a snow day on the Friday before break one year and we just scrapped the party all together!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

i love teen mom and junie b jones!

Lyryn said...

Gosh, I just stopped by because I was thinking... wonder what's up with Abby. Looks like things are going well! Busy, busy! I hope this week is wonderful for you!

Ashley said...

Ok- I feel silly I just scrolled down and saw your whole post on the head warmers!