Image Map

Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm Rebelicious!

I'm going to have to start referring to my life in B.C. and A.D. from this point forward...

As in, life before CANON and after DSL-R!  Ah!


I had absolutely positively NO IDEA that B's parents would be getting me us a REBEL for Christmas!  I was about 12 kinds of excited! If y'all thought I was the in-your-face-snapping-pics-kinda-gal before, oh let me just tell you.    I love her.  I think I'm going to call her Reba ;)

Anyway, my birthday {thanks for the wishes!} was wonderful and Christmas was spectacular. As every other parent of a child will profess, the holidays are just magical when you have a kiddo around.

Me and B pre-birthday date
Dinner at Bonefish with a Winter White Cosmo!  YUM.

On Christmas Eve, we exchanged gifts with B's family and attended our church's Christmas Eve service.  And, yes, my child chose an extremely inappropriate and quiet time to yell YAY! when one of our minister's was discussing the true meaning of Christmas with his daughter before the entire congregation.  Omiword, I was stifling laughter with much difficulty while trying to explain to him to be quiet.  Thank goodness it was a family-oriented service!


Following Christmas with B's family, we returned home to set out cookies, write a letter to Santa, and receive an early present from Santa...Christmas jammies for everyone!  Such a fun tradition to start.


Becks woke up on Christmas morning to Santa's sleigh bells, and  told us upon entering his room that The Polar Express was coming to get me!  {He looooooves that movie right now!} 



After a delightful Christmas morning at home, we ventured out to have Christmas with my side of the family.  We had a wonderful time. 



We had a very blessed Christmas and couldn't be more thankful for the very generous gifts we received.  

I hope that you had a terrific holiday and enjoy the last week of 2010!

Merry Christmas! 

27 comments:

Ashley said...

Merry Christmas! My husband's parents got us a Canon Rebel DSLR too. I love love love it!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Abby! I loooove your necklace in both photos! Is it the same? Where is it from??!?!

Jealous you got a Rebel! Oh so lucky!!! :)

Anna & Kirby said...

You are too funny! I just got a DSLR from my husband for Christmas. Just like you... people thought I was bad/annoying before with just a point-and-shoot always in their faces. (my nickname at school is paparazzi...ha) Watch out now! Congrats and have fun with Reba!

B said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas AND birthday :) Love the new camera (and am very jealous!)

A Wedding Story said...

What a fun Christmas! You.will.love.that.camera! I will seriously lay in the floor for an hour and take pictures of an end table...call me crazy but the pictures just always turn out so good!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Lucky girl! Lovin that camera!! B is seriously sooo stinking cute! Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome about the camera! Glad your family had such a great Christmas!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Jealous of the camera!!! Becks is just adorable!!! I love the Christmas Jammies tradition!!! How sweet ;) Happy Monday

Ariane said...

Congratulations on the camera!

I love that Christmas Eve church story. It seems like Becks is excited about Christ!

According to Ashley said...

Hooray! Sounds super fun! When I have kids, I want to do the whole "new Christmas jammies/write a letter to Santa/leave cookies for Santa" tradition, too!

Brandi said...

YEAH on the camera!!!! I have a Rebel and LOVE it!!!! Looks like you all had a fab Christmas!!!!!

KateB said...

YAY!!!!!! I am so happy you got a camera! You are going to LOVE everything about this Rebel! :) I hope you all had a great Christmas!

Gina said...

Congrats on the camera! Looking forward to lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Merry belated Christmas! And GO GRAMPS with the Red Wings sweatshirt!! :)

Jill said...

YOU WILL LOVEEEE your camera!! I promise! (if you couldn't already tell). I must say that I am loving your necklace in the birthday pictures!! If you tell me you got it at the Goodwill...well, I will cry ;)

Jamie said...

Looks like y'all had a very merry Christmas!

Can't wait to see all the pictures you take with Reba :)

The Chapmans said...

I am SOOOO jealous! lol I am saving up for one right now.

We totally do the Christmas pj's on Christmas Eve too! So fun!

Glad you had a great Christmas!

Nat said...

Yay!! That's soo exciting!! You look so pretty in your birthday date pictures and I love the family pajamas my mom always did that year after year!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Cute pics!

I have a Nikon DSLR that I bought last March, and I love it. I never want to use a point and shoot camera again.

Lea Liz said...

Yay for your new camera, yea!

Love the christmas pj's!!

So glad you all had a wonderful Christmas!

labride said...

Happy late Bday! I have been begging for a DSLR, have fun with yours!

Lyryn said...

BEST GIFT EVER!!!!! So glad you had a great Christmas!!!

Meghan said...

How great to get a totally awesome gift so unexpectantly! My favorite kind of gift to get! I have a Nikon but I think any DSLR is awesome. Congrats!

Mommy Webb said...

I am laughing so stinkin hard thinking about your child yelling Yah! during church. Soooo something my child would do and soooo something that you will laugh about for years to come. What a cutie. And I am so excited for your new camera!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Hooray for new cameras!

Hollie said...

happy belated bday, my friend!!
you looked fab on your date!

kate loves polar express, too! :)

and congrats on your new camera!

PinkLouLou said...

hottest family ever!!! xoxox