A pic from Easter of Aubs, SophDogg, and Baby B
A List of Rules that I Obey on a Regular Basis
1) If the temperature outside is above 65 degrees, the heat must be turned off and the windows must be opened.
2) I never buy diapers without a coupon.
3) Shoe heels must not make me taller than my husband when worn.
4) Diet Coke should be substituted with coffee on weekend mornings.
5) Baby B has to wear his Robeez when we go anywhere in public.
6) Dishes are rarely, if ever, pre-washed before put in the dishwasher.
7) I must kiss Baby B any time the thought crosses my mind.
8) I cannot blog when Baby B is awake.
9) Our iPod is on and the TV is off during the day.
10) Gas may not be pumped into my car until the gauge reads empty. (I seriously need to break this rule or I'm going to end up stranded on the side of the road someday.)
11) Rules regarding writing utensils: must fit my grasp properly; ink should be appropriate color and thickness; tip should be correct size and shape. I'm not even kidding. This applies to signing checks, writing thank-yous, and making me weekly grocery list - in addition to many other writing activities.
12) Sundays are not days for lesson planning.
13) Fresh flowers are the best flowers. If I go with fake in my house, they at least have to look really real.
14) Always speak in truth and love to my husband. I am working on this rule. Daily.
15) Baby B never wears the same PJs two days in a row. He must wear clean jammies every night.
16) If I haven't talked to my family sometime during the day and I hear sirens going by, I have to call them. I swear. I do this all the time. Just to make sure they're okay. Maybe a little OCD.
17) Tuesday afternoons should include a viewing of The Hills or The City. Whichever one is currently in season.
18) I must visit the library at least once a week to return or pick up books for my classroom. Otherwise they never get returned, or I feel like a bad teacher for leaving the same reading material out for more than five days.
19) Comfy, cute, classic shoes should be bought in duplicate. Otherwise you wear a pair out in a year and they no longer make the style and fit you've fallen in love with.
20) If Leland is barking, I have to a) get her in the house b) yell at her to zip it or c) throw water on her. I can't STAND barking dogs. Probably one of my biggest pet peeves. That and wire hangers that get tangled together.
21) If I ever see kids having a lemonade stand, I HAVE HAVE HAVE to stop and buy a glass. And I usually overpay. Because I remember being an entreprenurial 10-year-old, selling kool-aid at the end of my parents' driveway, and watching car after car after car pass us by. Come on now, a quarter goes a long way to encourage a child. Everyone should obey this rule starting today.
Do you have any rules/idiosyncrasies that you follow religiously? If so, do share and make me feel not so weird :)