Image Map

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Twenty Things About Us.

Just a little look at me and B...


1.  We are messy basement people.  We're forever flawed.

2.  We only have one couch and we both share it when watching TV at night.  The alternative is the floor, so we squirm uncomfortably at opposite ends for the first 5-minutes until one of us dramatically gives in and positions our legs on the outside. 

3.  We have really good conversations on long car rides.

4.  We don't always like each other.  But, we always love each other :)

5.  We don't go to bed at the same time.  I always go first.  B rolls into bed anywhere from 1-4 hours later (after he's fallen asleep on the couch for a bit).  It drives me crazy.

6.  We endure each other's TV show addictions.  B could discuss Snooki and Jennelle, and I could tell you what a rivermonster is and the most recent Castle drama.  It's called compromise.

7.  I talk a lot.  B talks less.  However, we're both loud.

8.  We never fight about money.  I thank God and Financial Peace University.  Before you marry, I highly recommend FPU or some other financial planning class.

9.  We *love* to take walks when the weather is warm.

10.  B drinks lots of milk.  I drink lots of Diet Coke.  It could be worse.

11.  We often do the exact same task differently.  And that can really drive us crazy.  We're still learning how to cope with this :)

12.  B is one year older than me.  We're high school sweethearts.

13.  B is really good at fixing things.  Which is good when I blow a fuse three times in a row at 6am and have to wake him up to turn the electric back on.  I like to keep him on his toes.

14.  I'm a Big Mac kinda girl, B's a Quarter-Pounder-with-Cheese kinda guy.

15.  Drinking coffee together on the weekends is one of our favorite pasttimes.

16.  We've decided we want to take Becks on a vacation before we add another bambino to the family.

17.  Our shared love of the Dave Matthews Band bonds us.

18.  We race to pick up Beckham from the nursery at church.  B has even been known to steal the pager off of my purse without me knowing it, so he can sign him out before I can.

19.  We're totally BFFs.

20.  We both agree that doing laundry is - by far - the worst household chore to do. 

Happy Wednesday!

33 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

I love that you don't always like each other, but you love each other. That is the truth about marriage!

The Pressley Family said...

Sweet post:) I would say your choice in drinks match mine and my husband's exactly!

Jaimee Granberry said...

My husband and I have the same sleep routine...drives me nuts!!!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Love this!! :)

Jaimee Granberry said...

My husband and I have the same sleep routine...drives me nuts!! Very cute blog!

Lauren said...

I love this post. So honest! :)

Amanda said...

Girl, you are so gorgeous! :) What a fun post!

According to Ashley said...

Absolutely adorable. Some thoughts -- I despise when Matt falls asleep on the couch instead of in bed with me. How rude! :) We're high school sweethearts, too, but we're only 2 months apart. And...too cute about racing to pick up Becks from the nursery! Haha!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Love your list! It's great to be married to your best friend!

Casey Gesenhues said...

I just happened on your blog a little while back and then very soon after found your teaching blog! I love it!! I am a teacher in Northern Kentucky and have used many of your ideas with my students. Thank you for that, and while we are chatting, I thank God for FPU also! My husband and I love talking about money. People definitely think we are weird but we love that part of our relationship. It really made life a lot easier!

PinkLouLou said...

So cute. Made me smile :)

jennifer said...

Loved it - y'all have everything it takes for a happy, long marriage! I second your thoughts on the big vacation, pre #2. My children are 3 years apart and we took a big vacation with #1 first and we have said MANY times how glad we are that we did it. You'll never be able to get that family of 3 time back.

sejbcsmiller@yahoo.com

Michelle said...

I love this little post. I might have to steal this idea for our blog one day. :)

We took a vacation before Landon came with just Drew, Travis and I to Disney and we had a blast. Just the three of us! We alternated pool and park days and stayed at the Disney Swan. Highly recommend. They give teacher discounts too!

{2 more days till break!- I think I can!}
Michelle
Fabulous in First

Jamie said...

Awwww y'all are so cute :) We love us some Dave too!

Mrs.M said...

Oh yes, I'm a huge DMB fan as well. :)

tekyteach.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Our bedtime routine is exactly the same! I blame it on teaching :)

Gracie Rae said...

Aww, so sweet. I had no idea you are high school sweethearts. Too cute. And 'we don't always like eachother, but we always love eachother'....isn't that the truth! Can totally relate.

Little Miss Martha said...

Crack me up! You are too stinkin' cute! I am the same way with sleeping... I go to bed earlier than he does, but usually I wake up around 2 and he's down on the couch so I tell him go to bed! And it drives me crazy as well!

Shubs said...

Y'all are so. stinking. cute. And I can't wait for you to come up either!!! We should start tossing around dates!

Jodi said...

Great post. I completely agree with the FPU comment. His book is always our go-to wedding gift for people now.

Jodi
www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

delaurah said...

this post made me really happy. love you, b and little becks.

delaurah said...

this post made me smile :) love you, b and becks!

Cassandra said...

aww. yall are sweet! love this!

California Wife said...

Such a cute post... we never go to bed at the same time either, and I hate it!

Jenni said...

Love this post! And, I love the "we don't always like each other, but we always love each" entry- the real truth about marriage!

AbbyS. said...

cute, cute, cute.
I just love this. I am reading this while Stuart and I are sitting in our usual evening spots! I loved reading.

Mommy Webb said...

Sounds like y'all have the perfect balance of things in common and differences. We are the same way about the couch. We have two, but we both like the same one best. We never go to bed at the same time. And we do tasks soooooo very different, so we are working on that too:).

the nichols' family said...

cute post! can totally relate to 5 and love 8, too!

Gina said...

I learned so much about you guys! And I'm jealous of your shared DMB love. B doesn't like them. (Blasphemy, right?)

Jessica said...

This is so cute.

In honor of our blogs recent birthday we are hosting a giveaway! Stop by and enter.

http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-giveaway.html

~C~ said...

I hijacked this idea and stuck it on my own little blog. Please read it if you have a moment. :)
Candice
http://mommyinthemidwest.blogspot.com

The Chapmans said...

It is funny how alike both of our relationships are! Lol
Seriously, numbers 1(our basement is a disaster. Someday we hope to have it finished so we can actually hang out down there) 5(brian works second shift so we don't go to bed together unless I happen too stay up. Even on the weekends he doesn't go to bed when I do), 6, 8, 10(although he likes milk and coke but he has been drinking more diet) 11, 13, 14(Brian alwayys gets a burger with cheese and only ketchup), 18, 19-->all totallly us
too!

I just thought I would share a little =)

jennifer said...

Abby, it was me that left the link about the Diet Coke print out.No need to give me credit. . . since all I did was find it during blog surfing time when I was supposed to be scoring creativity tests! I just found your blog(s) recently and have enjoyed them so much. It's a fun little vacation to read about another first grade teacher a few states away!