Image Map

Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Monday. And it's random.

1.  It has to be random tonight because I still have lesson plans to write for tomorrow.  Becks has had a "flu-like virus" {as his doctor puts it} all weekend long.  Poor baby :(


2.  I can't even describe to you my addiction to Nutella.  So totally yum.

3.  The kitchen is delayed.  Again.  Because now we're going to continue the hardwood into the kitchen.  The initial plan was tile, but once we realized how open the kitchen was going to feel with the widened doorway, we decided it would flow better to go with hardwood.  The March 1st deadline is only happening if Ty and co. show up at my house for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  Like by tomorrow.  B is pulling up the old, heinous linoleum and the pre-sub floor now.  I'm too skeptical to set a time limit for the installation of the hardwood.  Will post pics soon.

4.  I have moved on from Walmart ribbed tanktops to the extra long tanks you can buy at NY&Co. and Target.  I'm sure that I will eventually own every color.  {Sidenote: Why aren't all tanks made extra long?  Or maybe that's only a blessing for tall people?  Hmm.}
 
5.  I never realized how much I missed being blonde. 


6.  Every week I think I'm going to start running again.  And then I don't.  And now it's dropping below freezing again and going to rain like every day this week.  Putting "work out" at the waaaaay bottom of my to-do list.

7.  I think I need to be super cute in some Old Navy skinny jeans {have you seen the commercial?}, especially since I haven't replaced my fav pair that I ripped right down the heiny on my birthday over 2 months ago.

8.  Brad the Bachelor just said oh my word.  I think he and I could carry on a conversation.

9.  Whenever Becks gets excited about something - anything - he'll exclain This is the greatest party EVER!  I have no idea why he says it, but it is so *dang* cute!

10.  I'm doing a Wizard of Oz unit at school this week and am super exited about it!!!  I've posted the whole unit at Teacher's Pay Teachers HERE if you want to check it out :)

Have a great week, friends!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever had Nutella on Crepes? If not, you should try it. It's amazing!

At least you are working on lesson plans tonight... I'm referring four (yes, FOUR!) of my sweet kiddos to SST this week... I'm drowning in paperwork over here. Poor babies.

Hang in there with the renovations! It will be completed before you know it.

I'm excited about your Wizard of Oz unit. I read Wicked several years ago, but I haven't had the chance to see the play. I *did* purchase tickets one time when I was going to be in New York... only to realize that through a computer glitch my tickets were for a week earlier than I was going to be there! :( So I still haven't seen in. I do have the soundtrack, though!

http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Rachelle said...

I tell myself I'm going to go to the gym everyday and I never do. I need motivation! But I would LOVE to look like you! You look like you run everyday!!!!
-RAchelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Doodle Bugs said...

i never buy a tank unless it is long- why would you not make them loner?? crazy clothing designers?!?!?!

Laurie Keyes said...

I am completely with you on #2,5, 6 and 7!!! Especially #6 but when the alarm goes off @ 5am and the bed is so warm and I hear the wind howling...that earns a big fat SNOOZE button! Happy to hear I'm not the only one. Blonde is coming to me next week. =) Love both your websites but have no idea how you find the time.

Erica said...

Okay, this is random too then, but I love your necklace and outfit in that pic. So effortless but cute! :) You have great style.

Mommy Webb said...

I hope the Extreme Home Makeover crew shows up at your house b/c I am dying for some updated pictures:). Love that pic of you and Becks.

Kristen said...

I hope your son is feeling better!

Ladybug's Teacher Files

Anonymous said...

Love your blonde hair again! And I second the Nutella obsession :) Good luck with the hardwood in the kitchen- we did that and I love the look!

Lyryn said...

There is something about being blond. I have ugly brown hair. I have to highlight it or I feel yuck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby~love both of your blogs,a and recently bought your Mystery Box file from TpT...adorable! I also love the font you used below your Babbling Abby Header for {stop.the.world.} Would you mind sharing the name of that font?
Thanks so much!

Mrs. Bleeker's Kindergarten Class said...

Hi Abby,

Where did you get your necklace and what does it say? I think the one you have is something I have seen floating through blog world, but I would love to know which one you picked out...

THANKS!

Amy Rider said...

Abby,

I just became your 1,000th follower! WOW!! : )

Congrats on your blogging success and thank you for being an inspiration to all of us!

Amy

http://literacyandlaughter.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Just went to Old Navy yesterday and they had all kinds of yummy colored tanks! Cannot wait for spring clothes!!! And as a fellow tall girl, I hate when shirts of any kind are short. Long is always better.

Miss Chelsea said...

I'm going to steal the Becks-ism! Next time I'm at goodwill I hope my fellow shoppers dont get creeped out by me excitedly exclaiming "This is the best party ever!"