Image Map

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meet the Teacher!


My bloggy BFF is doing a fun Teacher linky!!!  And I'm playing along, too :)

If you want to link up, check out sweet Cara at The First Grade Parade.

This is me.  Babbling Abby.  Or just Abby.  Abs if we're thisclose. I love my family, God, teaching, Diet Coke, and finding your old pair of designer jeans at Goodwill.  I long for dinner and drinks with my girls, springtime when local neighborhoods open up their yards and garages to sell me their cast-offs, and for summer nights up north in Michigan. 

B and I have been married for almost five years and have one little pumpkin named Beckham.  We're amidst a kitchen remodel and always DIY.  I want to have another baby soon-ish.

I graduated from the University of Kentucky (C-A-T-S!) with a bachelor's in psychology, and then went back to school for a second bachelor's in elementary education.  I'm currently pursuing a master's in education with a concentration on administration.  I graduate in December (PTL!). 

This is my 3rd year teaching - I taught half-day kindergarten for two years and looped this year to be a first grade teacher.  I {heart} first grade.  It's my fav and I hope I stay there for awhile.

{...Q & A...}

Q: What would you be doing if you weren't teaching? 
A: A stay-at-home mommy, no question.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Teaching, writing, blogging, thrifting.

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A teacher!  Seriously, I called it in first grade.

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A:  Diet Coke, Teen Mom 1 & 2, Jersey Shore, blogstalking.

Q: What is your biggest fears?
A: Leaving my boys behind if anything every happened to me.  And, I'm terrified of being in a car accident.

Q: When you're on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: Glen, Arbor Michigan at the Homestead Resort.  Love. It.  OR at my parent's Lakehouse :)

Q: What's the best adviced you ever received?
A: Be confident. Trust in who you are.  Rise above those who try to bring you down.  Turn the other cheek.  Let go and let God.

Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Sincerity and realness.  Being genuine is key to me.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass on to your children, what would it be?
A: My enthusiasm :)  I get excited about everything!

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone - living or dead - who would it be?
A:  All of my college girlfriends - preferably at K-Lair ;)  {And I'm totally coming to the lunch that Cara's setting up with Deanna, too!!!!  Just tell me where and when ladies and I'll hop on a plane!  Not kidding!}

Q: Now, tell us one thing about yourself:
A: Abby isn't my real name.  It's a nickname for Abigail, which is my middle name.  I kept all of my names when I got married inluding my 2 first last names (long story!), so my legal name is W_______ Abigail S________ K________  M___________.  Ridiculous, no?! 

19 comments:

Cara Carroll said...

I LOVE IT!!! And yes, totally bloggy BFF's...when's the lunch because I'm TOTALLY there!!! Seriously. And let's go back and let me add enthusiasm to my personality traits, leaving my boys behind {OMG...HORRIBLE thought}...and Let go & let God. LOVE. You are darling!
XOXO :)

kinderpond said...

Ha! I have the same amount of names too! They look at me a little weird when I got my new social security card- "ma'am your name will have to go on two lines" um... okay? :)

Jennifer

Rachelle said...

I relate so much to you and Cara! I feel like we could have all went to high school or college together! We have so much in common (loving Teen mom, HGTV, teaching 1st grade, etc).

Thanks for sharing!!!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

California Wife said...

I need you to tell me all about Glen Arbor, MI sometime when you've got a chance... we're going there for a BIG family vacation this summer and none of us know what to expect.

Sneaker Teacher said...

Love this post. I am linking up, but it will post tomorrow! We definitely share some guilty pleasures (DC and Tshirt time!)

KT

Claire @ Completely Claire said...

Love it! You are one of my fav blogs to follow!!! I am so excited for your teaching blog! :0)

Mrs. Patton said...

I'm glad I found your blog. Isn't this fun?

http://pattonspatch.blogspot.com/

Jenni said...

Coke is one of my guilty pleasures too! And, I knew I wanted to be a teacher in 2nd grade. It was such a relief in college when all of my friends were struggling to figure out what to major in!

Michelle said...

LOVE it! I think that our bloggy friends should meet us in Cincy or Newport since we're so darn close!

PinkLouLou said...

Thanks for sweet blog comment the other day, and your momma was right "tomorrow WAS better.." if that makes sense... anyways everyday has been better :)

PS that is hysterical your mom reads my blog too! I love it. Tell her thanks :)

Janae said...

I just love the way you write. So entertaining! I also should have added trashy MTV shows to my guilty pleasures. :)

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

Abby - I {LOVE} Northern Michigan too! We're headed up there this weekend with another couple to go skiing! We leave Friday right after school All this snow should make the perfect base for winter fun. :)

~Mrs. Beck

http://mrsbecksgotclass.blogspot.com/

Ariane said...

Yay! I love learning new things about old blog buddies!

lauren brittany said...

thanks so much for sharing. i am a new blog"stalker" of yours. :) i too, teach first grade.

www.mrsoignet.com
www.laurenbrittany.com
www.lovelesphotography.wordpress.com

(my name is lauren and i have a "blog problem..." lol)

Kylie Radka said...

Okay-- I am addicted to your blog! You are just too cute and you have the most precious little family! I, too, love Diet Coke, and WISH I could shop thrifty!

Can't WAIT for your teaching blog! :)

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I love teen mom!!! I'm a new follower, love your blog!

Kerbi said...

What do you love most about teaching 1st grade? I am in my 3rd year of teaching 4th grade and I have seriously thought about teaching 1st grade next year {our school has an opening} but I'm kind of afraid!

Jamie said...

That first picture of you is just too cute!

TT+ Admin said...

What fun! Love the link up party!
- Leslie
http://teacherstalkpositive.blogspot.com/