Image Map

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Le sigh.

Do you Pink Lou Lou?  If you don't, you must.  Because she is one of my favorite blogging buddies.  And she's an IRL friend, too.  We're sorority sisses and former housemates at the Pi compound on Rose Street.  She can poof with the best of 'em, is completely gorgeous, writes about the funny, heartbreaking, and sweet, and she's met Carrie.  As in Underwood.  Anyway, she makes everything sound so much more fun, so much more French, so much more girlie and wonderful by adding le before everything.  And I le lurve her for it ;)

Really, the only point of that opening paragraph was to justify the title of this post and direct you to her blog because you will love it.  {My mom even said to me the other day - Who is Pink Lou Lou?  She is hilarious!}

I, on the other hand, am just letting out a big old huffy sigh today because I've just really been in a big huffy mood.  I was a little hard on my kiddos today...a little testy with my husband....a little short with Becks.  You know, one of those kind of days. 

The kind of day that is only made worse by the fact that your fat pants are really living up to their name and making you feel all the fatter.  And, what is worse, is that I really didn't consider them fat pants until I was slumped down in my desk chair at school, poppin' waffles pretzels and swiggin' my third Diet Coke when I realized the top button was unbuttoned.  Le blah.

But, there are a few happies for today.  Like the fact that we purchased our tile flooring last night {le yay!}.  Or that B and his dad are widening the doorway between the kitchen and dining room on Saturday {le dust!}.  Or that sweet Gladys at Teaching in High Heels wrote such kind words about me {merci beaucoup!}.  See?  Lots of good things on an otherwise blah-y kind of day. 

And, one other good thing: yesterday was the 100th Day of School { le summer!}.  Only 75 more to go! Eeeeeh!


And, thanks, Pink Lou Lou for letting me borrow your le for the night.  It actually does make things sound a lot more fun :)

11 comments:

Carolina City Girl said...

haha, i love this! you (and pink lou lou) are so right about the "le" making words sound more fun...if only i had used that word more often today, then maybe today itself would have been more le fun!

MrsKinne said...

I had a grumpy day, too! Then, one of my little ones excitedly told me, "I learned how to draw stars today!" That enthusiasm for life is why I love first grade. :)

According to Ashley said...

I heart Pink Lou Lou and I heart you. <3

Ky said...

I love Pink Lou Lou, too. Makes me wish I was a girl from the south :) I also love reading your blogs, too. both of you make me laugh and smile often.

PS- I have had one of those weeks. I teach, too so I know the feeling. The kids are sorta off, so I'm off, and you question your ability as a good teacher.

Mommy Webb said...

You and Pink Lou Lou are two me my favorite bloggers - not to mention SISTERS. Which takes it to a whole new level:).

Michelle said...

I love Pink Lou Lou's blog and yours of course too! Oh, and your Inspired Apple blog too, because I'm a teacher too! :) All daily reads!!

http://missblondiexoxo.blogspot.com

PinkLouLou said...

Miss Abby. You are too sweet. I laughed out loud when I read your post. One of the girls I work with loves your blog too and she shouted at me across the hall "Loulou, did you see Abby's blog yet!?" ha, and I had just read it, so it was too funny. Thanks for your sweet words. Pi love sister! PS-completely unrelated note-but have you been on FB recently (or I don't know if you talk to her IRL or not) but Whitney Collins- her new engagement ring? wowza is all I gotta say. ANyways hope today is less 'testy'. And you are right, throwing "le" around really helps any situation ;)

xoxo

Erica said...

I've never been to Pink Lou Lou before! I hate the days when I'm short with my kids. I had a LOT more days like that as a kindergarten teacher than I do now as a Title 1 teacher, which is one big reason why I know it was a good change for me. Hope things look up!

Ariane said...

Oh, I for sure Pink Lou Lou. We aren't IRL friends or anything, but man, I love her like we are!

Anonymous said...

How fun that you two are IRL friends too :)

I know what you mean about having one of those days...hope you're having a better day now that the week is almost over!!

Gina said...

You two are IRL friends? I should have known...you both are sickeningly adorable!