Image Map

Monday, January 10, 2011

A boy, his mom, and a birthday.

I have been that mom lately.  The one I'd always swore I'd never be.  The one that would never drive the mini-van of all shopping carts through the grocery store.  Yup, that big obnoxious one that takes up most of the aisle, but sports dual steering wheels which amps up its cool factor, if only slightly. 

The mom whose son finds a lone push car in a random aisle at Lowes and inists he be pushed in it throughout the store.  And, since he was occupied and I could shop in peace, I obliged.  And, if that wasn't bad enough - I BOUGHT THE CAR.  See?  I am totally that mom.  A complete and total sucker.  {In my defense, the manager offered it to me for an extremely irrisistible price when he was helping me.  And I did feel somewhat sheepish for pushing an unpaid for item around the store.  But, then again, they should know better, as little boys lurking the aisles couldn't resist a ride.  Case in point.}


In other news, it's my main man's birthday today.  It's officially his last year as a 20-something.   Happy Birthday, B!


{PS.  What do we think of Ali's dress tonight on The Bachelor?  Hmmmmm.  I think I would've picked something a little more,mmmm, flattering???  But amen for the sparkles.  I love the sparkles.}

{PSS.  Wouldn't you know that I've taken off tomorrow to attend Becks' make-up Christmas performance that was cancelled due to snow in December and, stop the world, we're expecting five inches tomorrow.  I'm thinking they need to forget the Christmas and shoot for Easter!}

Happy Monday!

15 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Um, Ali looked kind of bad! There was WAY.TOO.MUCH drama tonight. BuBye Melissa!

Ashley said...

Forget about Ali's dress (which was unfortunate)... what about that hair? Oh my.

AbbyS. said...

ha! I am thinking Easter might be a better idea. PS- I think I am going to start expecting snow days on days that you have done sub plans. Please tell me you did not spend too much time on them...
I did not get to see the sparkly number yet due to football frenzy around here, but if we have no school tomorrow nap time will be Bachelorette makeup day.

Cassandra said...

I love Ali, but my thoughts exactly! I kept thinking that she had no legs! It somehow made her look shorter? And totally did not flatter her AT ALL!!

Cara Carroll said...

Not flattering AT.ALL. Poor Alli. But yay for sparkles ;)
Ummm...just wait til you're the mom that starts opening food in the grocery store because your 3-year-old is SCREAMING in octaves you didn't know were possible and you're just tryin' to make it out alive. Whatever works!! HA! Your little man is TOO cute in that little car. That would be reason enough to buy it! Good purchase :)

Unknown said...

Cute!! Happy birthday to the man. I love birthdays! XX

Ariane said...

What a cutie in the cart!

Jamie said...

How cute is Becks in that Lowe's car?!

Happy birthday to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

I love that you bought the car...I totally would have too :)

According to Ashley said...

I couldn't get over the way Ali looked. Her legs looked...chunky? And the dress was completely unflattering!

The Chapmans said...

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed her dress too. lol. I still hope they make it, they both seem genuine.

I don't normally watch the Bachelor, I just watch the Bachelorette(when I catch it). Mostly because girls who fight are soo annoying!!

Anyways, We just use the racing carts at Lowes. The Kroger one's are way too big! =)

Cristy Wagner said...

Yes, I agree with the rest Ali could have done better with her dress selection as well as her hair. Now about Michelle...I think she is trouble with a capital T. She knows how to work a man, that's for sure. I enjoy your blog very much. I teach kindergarten in NC and also a wife and mother to 2 little boys, Gus (11) and Ethan (8 1/2) You have to add the half. As for becoming THAT mom, I completely understand. Two years ago we bought a Honda Odyssey and as I was signing the papers, I told the salesman..."I am becoming one of THOSE Mom's!!!" Having said that, the mini van is so nice with the kids and all their stuff. Good luck and Happy Birthday to your hubby! Take care!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

So precious, love the pictures!!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Fantastic blog- thanks for sharing all of your great ideas! Your son is too stinkin' cute! Apparently I've been hanging around your blog too much- my husband wants to know why I've been dropping "subtle" clues about wanting a baby! ha!

I have a brand new first grade teaching blog!
Check it out.

*amended URL:*
http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/