Image Map

Sunday, January 9, 2011

SNL: Weekend Update

That would be Sunday Night Live.  And I'm not nearly as funny as Tina Fey.

I love the weekend.  Every bit of waking up to coffee and fuzzy bedheads makes me love life a little more on Saturdays and Sundays. 


Even when he's being naughty {i.e. removing all cereal containers from the pantry and tasting each one individually}, he's still cute enough to make me want to snag the camera before I reprimand him for his latest stinkerism.

Of course, B worked on the kitchen...or The Artist Formerly Known as The Kitchen.


Let me introduce you to my new sink.  You don't have to tell me how jealous you are. 

Actually, we're having to get water from our bathroom sink.  Which is pratically comical.  Because it is barely big enough to let me fill the coffee pot.  Earlier today, it was actually full of dirty dishes that need to be washed, so I totally brushed my teeth and spit out the front door.  Don't worry, I made sure the neighbors weren't watching first.  And you'll be happy to know I transferred the dishes to the bathtub so Becks could brush his teeth tonight.  We like to call experiences like this character building at our house. 

Becks and Papa Mike explaining something remodeling related. 

And, lastly, here is a picture of our Noble Steed, who doesn't get much blog time.  But she does exist.  Her name is Leland.  And she is 12 kinds of crazy.  When we were first married, she ate an entire Ugg Boot.  An ENTIRE Ugg boot.  I try to still love her.
{PS.  Hi! Hi! to all my new followers!  While I do post teachery things quite frequently, this blog was initially started as a day-to-day life blog to document our family goings-on.  I envision having a teacher blog in the near future, but simply don't have the time right now to set one up.  Thanks for reading and have a great week!}

16 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad you've had a fun weekend :)

Leland is so cute! I can't believe she at an entire Ugg boot!

Deanna Jump said...

Thanks for the laugh Abby! Getting a new kitchen is so exciting. I can't wait to see the finished picture...and I'm sure you can't either! ;) Question: Did you get your boot back after a day or two? bahaha

Anonymous said...

That picture of Leland is simply perfect. I have severe camera envy and I'm not afraid to admit it!

However I am not jealous of your kitch sitch (that's kitchen situation, in case you didn't catch my cleverness). Hope it is as painless as possible!:)

Rachelle said...

That's me! I'm a teacher blog follower and I get so excited when you post about teaching stuff....BUT SERIOUSLY GIRL.... you are HILARIOUS! I laugh out loud at your posts.

-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Sarah Cooley said...

Oh my goodness! You are so funny!!! I laughed through this whole post! Wow! You have a lot going on right now! P.S. I love the new look of your site! :)
Sarah

www.firstgraderatlast.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

I seriously laughed out loud when you said you spit out the front door! HAHAHA Go you for braving a kitchen remodel... shew!

Gina said...

Abby,
I just started following your blog and I gotta say I LOVE IT! You are so funny and your little boy is so cute! I loved the part about your dog eating an entire ugg boot. An ENTIRE ugg boot! SO Funny! I sit and wonder how some teachers have the time to make those all out fancy shmancy teacher blogs. It's refreshing to read your blog and see that you make time for yourself and little one. Kuddos to you!
-gina

Randall said...

hey abby i love your blog and reading all of your fun stories!!

Ashley said...

Oh I totally sympathize with you. We are on week 6 of our kitchen renovation and I could scream by week two. Dishes are in our tub 24/7, the dining room quickly turned into the kitchen and tv trays will be everything from cutting boards to desks to dinner tables. Enjoy ti ride! :)

Rachel said...

A whole boot?! That's impressive.

I can't wait to see your kitchen remodel when it's all done!

Ariane said...

I love you more than Tina Fey! I also really like your new blog colors & header.

AN ENTIRE UGG BOOT? That is cray-cray.

Lyryn said...

An Ugg Boot?!?!? I would have to dig deep in me to still love. Well, not really, but that would be so sad. :( Glad you had a good weekend though!

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

Wow.. an entire Ugg boot? That's impressive. Zoey can't top that one. Even though she tries so hard. And, the tile in your kitchen? I had TWO layers of it in my bathroom. Two. Double the fun. Seriously, the previous owners loved that linoleum so much they laid it twice. Grr.And it was practically super glued to the floor.

Gina said...

This post had me laughing the whole way through.

Shannon said...

My FIL taught Tina Fey in high school. That's my contribution :)

and Becks face eating cereal? So so cute, love him!

Erica said...

Ah! He is adorable. And, I am not sure I should admit this, but I feel a totally guilty sort of relief when I read your posts about filling coffee pots in bathroom sinks and whatnot. Like, a serious weight lifts when I *remember* that I don't have to do that anymore! We survived 3 months living without a kitchen (with a baby and two dogs) so believe me you can make it! Looks like the demo is progressing quickly:)