Image Map

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Busy, busy!

Oh mah word, we have had a busy weekend.  The kitchen isn't complete, so don't get excited.  We're working on a DIY schedule, which means that progress is regularly interrupted by we-don't-know-what-the-heck-we're-doing moments.  So, we have to call on the experts.  The experts being B's dad and Matt, my brother-in-law, and of course Google.  {Please note: My husband is also an expert and is single-handedly attacking this kitchen with more know-how than I could even imagine having.  He's kind of awesome like that.}

When it finally stopped snowing, our super sweet built-in electrician {i.e. Matt} came over to move and add new outlets to the kitchen, and B and his dad made it out to Lowes to exchange half of what we bought last Monday.  Measurements were a wee bit off.  The drywalling is almost complete, with one more round of joint-compound to go on  tomorrow (it takes fo-eva).  I'm going to quit saying we're going to paint and do the floors because every time I think it's going to happen, it doesn't. 

*****

In other news, my son has created a new dance that we've coined the Booty-Shaker.  It looks a little something like this: 

Kid's got moves.  Probably from watching his momma belt it out to Britney into a hairbrush.

I, too, was doing the Booty-Shaker when I saw how many of you have ordered my Clipboard Classroom Activities at TpT.  THANK YOU!!!!  I mean, I was 12 kinds of excited to sell one, but y'all made me more like 1200 kinds of excited!  Again: thank you, thank you, thank you!

We also celebrated my nephew Sutton's birthday this weekend.  As if it weren't enough to have one crazy two-year-old boy in our family, now we have two!  And boy do those boys keep us busy.  My sister and I already talk about the crazy shananigans we're going to get calls about in a few years. 




I hope y'all had a great weekend!  Have a super week :)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I love cupcake cones! (and cute little boys doing booty dances in dipes)

AbbyS. said...

YOU SOLD 1,200 OF THOSE! REALLY?
That is amazing. I need to buy one so I can be in the loop!
Love that booty shaker! ha.

Abby said...

Ha! Nope, not near that many...but just as excited as if I did!

Mandy's Memories said...

Love the booty dance! And DIY projects are so much netter in the long run. My hubby does everything and it will really save you some money!

Rachelle said...

I was one of those many purchasers of your clipboard activities! My kiddos with LOVE them A.L.O.T! :)

-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Ariane said...

Love that Booty Shaker! Becks is such a cutie pie. I'm on 12,000 pins & needles to see the finished kitchen!

Colby said...

Abby - My hubby and I have just started tackling our kitchen reno and I have been thinking of you- happy I'm not the only one with a kitchen completely torn apart. Its going to look great and I can't wait for you to post pics!