Image Map

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coming to you *LIVE* from the craziness!


Hey, y'all.  I am in such a good mood.  It could be the fact that the work week bypassed Monday, or that I'm getting ready to indulge in an enormous glass of rich, chocolaty Ovaltine, but - either way - Tuesday has been a great day.  {Or it could be that I'm watching Teen Mom 2 - which is ridiculously my new most favorite show...}

Anyway, B and I spent last night going back and forth to Lowes to pick up about 85% of our new kitchen -   cabinets, sink, faucet, dishwasher, an over-the-counter microwave {my heart literally just skipped 12 kinds of beats typing that because THINK OF ALL THE COUNTERSPACE it will free up!  eeh!}, paint, handles, and knobs.  It was pretty exhilarating.  And exhausting.  I ate porkchops close to midnight last night because we didn't get home until very very late.  Too late to be eating porkchops, that's for sure, but omiword I was hungry

So, everything is crazily displaced.  The dining room table is in our living room now and Becks thinks everything is pretty dang awesome.  He walked into the house wide-eyed at 11pm last night, staring and pointing and exclaiming "WOW!" all the while.  Precious.  Even more precious?  Becks on the floor with his daddy and Papa M using a level.  Love it.


If all goes as planned {crossing fingers...toes...and eyes}, we should be painting and installing the floor this weekend!  And with an anticipated snowday {again, crossing everything on my being}, maybe we'll even hook up the stove.  I'm telling you, it's been a good Tuesday :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some handy men in your life! What a blessing! Can't wait to see the results!

"The Mrs." said...

So exciting!!!

Randall said...

yea so exciting i cant wait to see the final product!!

Clutter-Free Classroom said...

I love me some Teen Mom.

I also heart your son's name. I have identical twin girls, but had they been boys one was slated to be a Beckett with the plans to call said male offspring, Beck/Becks.

Your blog is my new happy place. :)

Jodi www.littlestlearners.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the final product! Nothing cuter than a toddler imitating his daddy!

Jamie said...

I'm so happy things are coming together! I can't wait to see it all finished!

KateB said...

Abby- you have me waiting in anticipation for the BIG REVEAL!!! Over the stove microwave- my heart longs for that day when the microwave can be moved from the dryer top to it's home where it belongs!! Jealously. :)

LHD said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!

Erica said...

Love the picture of B helping! So cute. And this project is moving riiiight along...awesome!

Ariane said...

I love your wood floors!

Shubs said...

Girl-you DO have LOTS to be excited about. If nothing else-it sounds like you may be able to wash dishes in a KITCHEN sink sooner than later...it's the little things, right? Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Mommy Webb said...

Oh, sister, you better believe I am staying tuned for updates!:) I am so excited FOR YOU!

Megan said...

Hot diggity dog! I love good days :-)

The White Family said...

Awesome Abz!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! I can't wait to see it!!!! I know you can't either:-)

Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later said...

I LOVE Teen Mom 2 as well.

Unknown said...

You are a rock star! I love your ideas. We are in the midst of studying contractions and I love (and am stealing) your ideas! Thanks!