Image Map

Sunday, March 13, 2011

About the weekend...

Wow.  It's amazing how much better life is when the sun is shining, your home is finally germ free, and you are literally up to your knees in pre-finished hardwood.  {Do you see the knees I'm talking about?}


So, about this weekend...

- I woke up to this darling little bedheaded boy.


- I didn't go to school once.

We almost missed church due to the time change.  But then we made it in record time.  And I wore my UK shirt proudly - with jeans and Ugg boots.  {When you're certain you're going to take home the SEC title - as I was - then it is entirely okay to wear such a thing to church.}


- We spent a glorious morning at the park with my sister and her family.  I can't believe how big they're all getting. 




- B had beadhead and he wasn't even in his bed.


- Becks played outside, for about an hour, holding the halves of his fruit bar.  He didn't take one single bite or put them down.  Even when he was investigating a problem with his lawnmower.


- I went to Trader Joe's.  And fell in love.  It's not close to us, but I needed to escape get out of the house for a bit and grocery shop, so Becks and I made the trek.  Their salsa alone was oh so worth it.  After eating it with about half-a-bag of their Soy & Flax Seed chips, I just about broke out a straw to eat the rest.  SO STINKIN' GOOD.  Mmmmmmm.


- I also had a Diet Coke.  Which tastes totally yummy with the aforementioned chips and salsa.  I'm fairly certain it will be on tap in Heaven someday.


- I haven't cleaned my bedroom.  Yet.  It's on the agenda.  I'm just not sure when.  Straightening up the living room to livable condition was a feat in itself.


- Here's the pre-hardwood floor picture.  I hope {no, pray} that I will be able to update this post later with a finished product to share!


And a different perspective of the room shown earlier {same sexy knees}.  I'm telling you, this kitchen-remodel has taken over every room of the house.  And occupies a large part of my nerves, too.  If you need to strengthen your marriage to truly realize you can doing anything together, remodel a kitchen.


I hope your weekend was fulfilling and *12 kinds* of lovely! 

10 comments:

AbbyS. said...

love it. We need a trip to the park as soon as C wakes up from his marathon nap. I must get outside!
I totally wish there was a Trader Joes near us! Love it there. Nice choice for a getaway.

Jamie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Hope you have a great week at school :)

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera do you have I am looking at getting a new one. I love the pictures you have posted. Have a super week at school!!

Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later said...

I agree their salsa is amazing. We get just the regular tortilla chips they have...they are also amazing.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I can't relate as we have had 10 days of straight RAIN!!!

Lyryn said...

cant wait for it to get just a little bit warmer!!! Glad you had a great weekend!!

Miss Chelsea said...

Aren't you SO glad that the 'tearing up' stage is over and atleast it's clean and getting put back together now?!

I was soooo glad once we got to that part haha!

Mommy Webb said...

In reference to your comment about getting the boys together on the UK video post, WE MUST MAKE IT HAPPEN. Our boys not only share a love for UK and cooking with their mommies (when the kitch is in proper order, mind you) they also have very similar hairstyles in the back;).

Unknown said...

I feel your remodel pain! We are putting in tile flooring in our living room and entry over Spring Break! The house is a wreck and there's a film of dust on everything. Can't imagine the nightmare a kitchen remodel would be! Best wishes!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Our spring break just started and I have to tell you, I am loving it. You are one of the few who will appreciate this story. I had hand surgery Thursday and have been down since. So, today while my boys were occupied with Spring Break Fun and my sweet girl was at daycare, I hit Goodwill. Oh my word girl, I hit the jackpot. On top of the $2 off color of the week sale, the managers special was 99 cent pants and long sleeve shirts. I walked out with 21 items for $48!!! But wait, there's more. At the next Goodwill, yes I went to 2, I got a gorgeous Black House White Market dress with tags for $10. The price tag was $148!! Like I said, no one understands my obsession, so I needed to share. Thanks for reading!!