Image Map

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today.

While being home sick is no fun at all, it does have its perks.  Like being able to get Becks up and spend some time with him before he left for school.


He has, quite possibly, the best bedhead ever.  I like to call it little boy hair.  I think B looks cute with little boy hair sometimes, too ;)


So, he ate his waffle, all snuggled up to me.   Then, had a heart-to-heart with Gigi.


When he got home from school, he proudly displayed his Cat in the Hat hat he decorated.  Only, he wore it backwards and more or less resembled Cheif Catinthehat instead.  Cute nonetheless :)

* * * * * * * * * * *

It's probably not important to you that I'm posting a picture of my dinner.  But, one day, when I'm eating homemade tomato soup from the stove in my new kitchen, I will take a second to remember how it was so worth months of microwaved meals.  And then I will kiss my stove and dishwasher and kitchen sink and remember the day when I was eating microwaved tomato soup on a child-sized chair from IKEA on the floor in my living room. {I thought it might look more appealing if it was in black and white - but, no - it still looks like microwaved tomato soup with oyster crackers.  To me at least.}  Also, I've never made homemade tomato soup in my life, but I'm totally going to when the kitchen is done.  Just because I can. 

Tomorrow's Friday, I'm feeling better, and the weekend is less than 24 hours away.  LOVE IT.

Could Spring Break just puh-lease get here?!

10 comments:

Cara Carroll said...

Sweet girl...SO glad you're feeling better!! Becks' little bedhead is the DANG cutest thing I've ever seen! HA!! Love that little "Chief Catinthehat"!!

Anonymous said...

Our kitchen refresh/redo starts this weekend.... ugh...

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better! He is adorable and I love his hat! Similar to what my kids made yesterday! Get well soon!

Colby said...

I love his bedhead! Glad you are feeling better- that was me in December!

Rachelle said...

bahahahaha....Becks' bedhead is so wonderful! I would want him to never comb his hair!!!!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Mommy Webb said...

Yum. Homemade tomato soup sounds so delish, although I have never made it either:). And I'm loving the fabric sneaking out behind your chair. It reminds me of the stencil I am using in Warren's room. Hope you feel better, sister!

cassandra said...

I have the BEST tomato soup recipe! I'm cuddled in my bed already...lame-o friday night...I will share the recipe in the morning....you must make it someday:)

Sarah said...

He is such a cutie! I'm counting down till spring break too! Five more days ;)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Let's state the obvious. Your son is a.dorable. :)

As for bed hair...it's the cutest. My 6 year old does not like his hair sticking up and will promptly go to the bathroom mirror and wet his hair down before school. He looks at me and says "Mooooooomy. My hair." with a big, ridiculously cute frown. :)

Gotta love little boys. :)

cassandra said...

Finally...you must try. Really!
Creamy Tomato Soup

1 tablespoon coconut oil

1 red onion, finely diced

3 garlic cloves, minced

2 14.5 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes

1 can coconut milk

1 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon dried thyme

Black pepper to taste

In a large soup pan, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil until the onions start to turn brown. Add the garlic and saute for another minute or two. In a food processor combine the 2 cans of diced tomatoes and the cooked onion and garlic mixture and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture back into the soup pot. Add the coconut milk, and spices and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve! Serves 3-4.

Enjoy!