Image Map

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Retail Therapy

In order to recover from the cabin fever that resulted from being stuck inside our house for the past two weeks battling germ bugs and dust bunnies of all shapes and sizes, I decided that I needed to spend three hours yesterday experiencing life outside our kitchen-less home.  {Do you like how I reminded you in that introduction sentence that a) we've all been sick for the past 2 weeks and b) that we don't have a functioning kitchen currently . . . as if you didn't already know.}  So, I decided to go shopping.  Alone.  Two words: me. time.

So, anyway.  Above all, it was a rather frustrating experience.  Every pair of pants I tried on was either a size too big or a size too small, and of course they were out of that darn inbetween size that would fit me perfectly.  The items that I wanted to be on sale weren't.  And the skinny jeans were more like mom jeans.  My butt looked HUGE.  And that was just at Store #1. 

The next store was even less satisfying, as nothing I tried on seemed to hang right or look right.  When the sales person walked into the dressing room asking if a patron needed a room, I almost responded with: No.  But, I do need about six more inches of fabric here.  And a large glass of reislingAnd maybe lights that don't make me look like a vampire. Thanks.  Instead, I just stood in front of the mirror and poor lighting and tried to zip up the non-budging zipper, all while thinking: I just know this is my size!  It wasn't.  Then I popped a button on the top I was trying on.  Boo.

I called B after Disappointment #2 and told him I was going to Goodwill, which I was fairly certain would cure all that ailed me.  Cheap even.  I found a cutie pink J.Crew skirt perfect for summer and a set of glass canisters for our *new* kitchen.  They always run a 50% sale on Saturday, so I was sold.  I waited in line only to examine the skirt more {stained} and then find out the entire store wasn't 50% off as it usually is.  I returned everything.  Did I mention it was raining?  It was.  Double boo.

So, I bought nothing.  Even with a checking account padded with a tax return and I spent zero dollars. 

Today, though, was redeeming.  Because, mark my words: you can't go wrong with Target.  Ever

As if it wasn't enough to be a one one-stop-shop for my groceries, baby shower gift, and eternal supply of all things styrofoam, I also managed to find these little gems which made up for my Saturday shopping snafus.

Holy cuteness.  Tank + blue stripes + ruffle = love. Please ignore my Bella-esque pallor.  I told you I need sun something desperate. 


And then there was you, sweet Cow Creamer.  Because my new kitchen would need be complete without you pouring cream into my coffee.  I know you will make everything taste better just because you are you.  And you were $5.99.  Love.

Here's to a fantastic flu-free week, $10 Target tanks, and cow creamers.  Have a wonderful week, friends!

18 comments:

simply shea said...

that cow creamer is so darn cute! i love it! i'm glad y'all are feeling better. the flu and/or strep is going around like something terrible.

Tracy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. SOOOOO, glad you're back and feeling better. Sorry about the negative shopping experience. Mine wasn't any better today. Meh... hope you have a better week!

Gina said...

How adorable is that cow creamer? And you look really skinny. I don't believe that anything was too small on you.

Abby said...

It was more in the baby-belly-area, Gina! I swear, I was having to do some serious pants-dancing in the dressing room!!!! Ha :)

lovetwoteach said...

I am so over the baby pouch! I too went to get some retail therapy and was disappointed to see myself in spring clothes that showed off more skin. I don't know what it is about the winter, but I am pail and less tone, despite regular yoga classes. I can't wait to get a spray tan!

Calamity Lace said...

1. Target is awesome! I buy clothing or something every single time I am in there.

2. The cow creamer is adorable. I think my kitchen needs it too ;-)

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I spotted that cow creamer at Target today, too! I do not drink coffee, so I had to pass. However, it would be fun to pour water/juice out of. Or not.

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade Tidbits

MrsKinne said...

Aw, Target cures everything.

Also, we don't even buy creamer and I still think I need that little cow creamer.

Unknown said...

I was at target today as well

Little Miss Martha said...

Funny! I bought that same cow this weekend too! :) And I definitely looked at that tank! Great choices! Target is always a booster!

Pink Pearls and Pumps said...

got tried on that same tank! looove it.

Shubs said...

Why is it that the law of retail therapy always states that when you've got money in your pocket you can't find anything you want to buy...but when you're broke you find a million things?!? Glad you finally found the adorable top from Tar-Jay.

Miss Chelsea said...

Sorry for your crummy shopping trip... I stumbled upon Goodwill Saturday to find an EXTRA full parking lot and 50% off storewide. I didnt know they did such a thing! I hit up 3 GWs that day =x

Atleast you got a cow =)

acdufault said...

Glad you are feeling better! Love your blog and tank. I just got the same one on one of my fabulous Target trips and it is sooooo comfortable...now only if it was warm enough to wear it without a cardigan!

Anonymous said...

How funny! I purposely went to Target last week to give myself a rejuvenation, and bought a similar top, and pondered that creamer for my soon-to-be refreshed kitchen! I didn't get the creamer because I was not sure it would get used for anything more than dust.

Jaimee Granberry said...

I bought the same tank in red! Great taste! : )

Mommy Webb said...

Great finds. And you look gorgeous, tan or no tan.

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

If I am not willing to fork over the entire contents of my wallet, I steer clear of Target. Too many temptations...I mean...hello...little striped ruffly tanks! ;)

Sorry you had a bad shopping experience, but look on the bright side...it made for great reading fun for us and the chance to have us "babble back".