Image Map

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thinking outside the box.



This morning Beck's new sandbox was delivered. All two tons of it. Right in front of our house. My mom brought him home to nap this morning and she said he kept repeating Big dirt! Big dirt! So, as soon as he got up from his nap, we went on a run, and then I let him play in this crazy massive pile of sand. It's sheer magnitude awed him and he spent quiet awhile just staring at it, contemplating what to do first. Finally, he dropped to his knees and got to work. Also, a big thank you to our city and the 12 months of road construction we've endured to finally be rewarded with more than potholes and the incessant urge to wash our cars. Now I just have to bathe my baby instead.

So, the weather is finally spring-like, and I find myself referencing the days as sunny or gorgeous instead of plain old Tuesday or Wednesday. Life just takes on a different light in the spring, and we've spent hours outside taking it all in. It's so much fun to watch Beck explore.


However, what's not fun is trying to bring him back indoors. Cosmic ramifications, people. We're talking a helllllllooooo-mom-I'm-almost-two-this-is-called-a-tantrum kind of ramifications, involving back-arching, wailing, squirming-free-of-momma's-arms type moves and repetition of the word no! I just consider them patience-building exercises.

And, unfortunately, Beck doesn't limit these tantrums to the confines of our home. Nope, they are on full display at the grocery store (when I insist he ride buckled in the seat), at the library (when it's time to go home and he's pulled his share of board books from the shelves), and at the park (when I'm buckling him into his carseat). Need I mention the terrible twos and that Becks won't even be two for another THREE months. Oy.

When he's not busy playing in dirt or pitching a fit, he's still the sweetest little man around. Future preschool hearthrob, I'm sure of it :)

6 comments:

PinkLouLou said...

Oh my gosh look how cute he is! He is growing up so fast!!

Gina said...

I seriously thought Lo was possessed from 18 months to 30 months. Now, he's back to my angel baby. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest pictures!

Jessica said...

That's a big enough sand box to make any kid jealous! Lucky Becks! Love that last picture of him! What a doll! We are right there with ya on the terrible twos & Riley is not even 20 months old yet! He sure does know how to throw a big fit though if ever told "no" & especially when it's time to come inside. He would live outside if he could! Hope y'all are enjoying this wonderful weather!

KateB said...

A heartthrob for sure! He is a cutie!! Even though I have no kids..I am starting to see what I am in for! :)

Nat said...

I love sandbox!! I would be so jealous if I were a little kid :) I can't believe he's almost 2!