Image Map

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Avoidance.

Everything in my being is telling me to eat the Dilly Bar that is taunting me from the freezer right now. 

Dilly bar.  Dilly bar.  Dilly bar.

But, honestly, I'm experiencing a little post-Thanksgiving jelly belly, so I'm really trying to resist.  Mostly by blogging through the urge :)

Okay, so anyway, I'm fairly certain that my 2-year-old could full well recite the entire 25 minutes that is A Charlie Brown Christmas. Because we watch it EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. And, despite the fact that I could recite the entire letter to Santa that Charlie scribes for his sister, I do enjoy the fact that Becks will cozy up to me on the couch and watch it. Because snuggles from my boy are a rarity these days.

{Becks dancing with the Peanuts gang.  Kid's got moves.}


He's totally into pretend play with blocks and his train set.  I love watching him entertain himself and make up little conversations between him and his toys.  I catch bits and pieces, which are often incoherent to me but I'm sure make perfect sense to him.  It's precious and one of the best parts of watching him grow up.  {And, from the teacher perspective - a developmental milestone :) }
I tried to catch a picture of him in the act, and captured a little snapshot of our lives right now: the holiday decor looming and poor B snoozing pitifully in the background.  He had a Spanish presentation this morning and pulled an all-nighter last night.  We both have finals next week and I think that we're both extremely ready for a much-needed break from school.  I love my 1st grade chickadees dearly, but they're making me feel a tad loopy lately with their contagious excitement for the season.  And by contagious excitement, what I really mean is incessant talking and inability to remain still for longer than a millisecond. 

They kind of make me feel like, hmmmm, a crazy reindeer? 
{Thanks to Becks for snapping this pic.}

And, by the way, I did not eat the Dilly Bar.  Yet.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute pics of Becks!

haha I go into lots of different grades with my position and they're ALL getting antsy for Christmas!

That Dilly Bar would be calling my name :) Yum!

Brittany said...

haha, love your pic! Becks is quite the photographer already!

Jenny said...

I LOVE the photo with the tree...a perfect capture!

MrsKinne said...

So, your kiddos also have that problem of not being able to hold it together recently? Today, we were practicing "Let it Snow" for the holiday sing-a-long, and it was like having a bunch of jumping beans on the rug.

Anonymous said...

He's such a cutie. And I'm feeling the same way about the little kiddos making me nutso! Much like you're crazy pic, lol!!