Image Map

Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23, 2010

Today, I am 28-years-old {though, I'm fairly certain I will feel perpetually 23ish}. That number that begins with a "3" is approaching really quickly!

It has a been a blessed, fulfilled, crazy-busy, trying, wonderful and amazing year.

My 27th Year Top Ten Highlights...

1. My obsession and addiction to all things thrift. Though I haven't had the time lately to frequent Goodwill or St. Vinny's, they're both on my to-do list for post-holiday shopping!  I have had the best time over the past year piecing together outfits and finding housewares that cost next to nothing. 

One of my favorite finds - brand new boots for $10!

2. Redoing the hardwood floors and redecorating the living room.  We spent two weeks in February living with B's very hospitable parents, all while it was snowing feet outside.  I never thought the process would be complete, but when it was all said and done I was incredibly grateful for the time that B and his dad and brother spent over here.  Our floors look gorgeous.



3.  Starting Grad school for my Master's in Administration. 

4.  B quitting his job in August to persue the completion of his undergrad degree.  {This was probably the biggest change combined with me working fulltime!}


5.  Working full-time for the first time in my life as a First Grade Teacher.


6.  Wedding after wedding after wedding!


7.  Leaving B and Becks for NOLA with my best girls for three days - the longest amount of time and farthest distance I'd ever been from my boys. 


8.  The mouse that I touched in April and has significantly affected my life ever since. And I do not say that kiddingly. I do not enter the basement a) in the dark b) without shoes c) for longer than 35 seconds.  I am still convinced there is a mouse compound down there and they're going to attack me some day.


9.  Making memories with Becks. 
Becks' first day of preschool!  He's so big!

10.  Gatlinburg and Michigan vacations.



I can only imagine what my 28th year will hold??????

And a merry Christmas Eve Eve to you all!!!!

31 comments:

Nat said...

Happy Happy 28th Birthday!!!

Ashley said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday!

Young and Fabulous said...

happy birthday!!!!

im teh exact same way with the mouse thing. will NOT go in my basement and that's where laundry is! haha so I make my boyfriend go put the laundry in and out ;)

hehe xoxox have a great CHRISTMAS!!

Stephanie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I hope this is your best year yet!! :)

A Wedding Story said...

Happy Birthday Abby! What a great year. We have a friend that calls this Christmas Adam, because Adam came before Eve...it's kind of stuck!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday!! And, I feel the exact same way about mice!

California Wife said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!!!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!! Loved your year recap.. too cute! Wishing you nothing but the best!

absees123s said...

Happy Birthday Abby ..mine was yesterday, so I know what you mean about having a Christmas birthday. I hope your day is wonderful and the your 28th year is filled with many blessings...aka...mine was not 28...sigh...lol (more like 51)

Merry Chritmas!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! I'll be turning 27 in May, so I can totally relate to creeping towards the number that begins with "3". Ah! Enjoy your special day and Christmas break! :)

Doodlebug Designs said...

Happy Birthday Abz!!!!! Have a great day with the fam and a great date night:-) Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! Paisley is soooo excited!!!! I'm sure Becks is too! This age is so much fun:-)

Doodlebug Designs said...

Didn't realize I was logged in under doodlebug til I published my comment and it showed up!:-)

Mrs. O'Brien said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I love your blog and all your wonderful, creative ideas. I am nearing the end of my study for a master's degree in reading. Good luck on your administrative degree!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like 27 was a fabulous year and I'm sure 28 has many surprises in store too! :)

Anonymous said...

Abby- I some how stumbled upon your blog a few weeks back and have been reading it every since. Now I know why I relate to almost everything you say....We share the same birthday...only I turned the Big 3-0 today! It is tough having a Christmas Birthday, isn't it? Well have a wonderful day and a Very Merry Christmas! Kristen~

Lea Liz said...

Girl Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you have a wonderufl day, you deserve it!!!!

Hope that you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! You've had a fabulous year! Hope your next one is even better!

AbbyS. said...

Happy Birthday Bloggy Friend!!
I hope you have a wonderful 28th year with no mice, lots of thrifty finds, a MA degree pay raise, and lots more merry memories!!
Enjoy your day.

labride said...

Happy happy happy happy Birthday to you! Hope y'all have a good Christmas too;)

Gladys said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day! :)

According to Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous year! Happy Birthday to you!

The Chapmans said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like a great year! =)

Unknown said...

happy birthday girl!!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I hope the upcoming year is filled with health and happiness for you and your family! :)

Cara Carroll said...

You are darling!! Happy birthday!!!! Hope it's been WONDERFUL!!! :)

Shubs said...

Happy Birthday Abs! Hope you and the boys had a wonderful day, and a VERY MERRY Christmas! xoxo.

KateB said...

Sorry I missed saying :Happy Birthday: to ya! Hope you had a great day!

Jamie said...

Happy belated birthday girl!

Looks like you had a wonderful 27th year :)

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope your day was FABULOUS!!!