Image Map

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowy Days, Chasin' the Clouds Away...

I would like to tell you that I have spent my Snow Days {2 in a row!} being extremely productive and accomplished. 

But I totally have not. 

I have been about twelve kinds of lazy, and besides playing in the snow with Beckster I really haven't done much else.  In fact, my primary focus yesterday was whether or not we'd be off again today :)  I was probably refreshing the school closings page multiple times an hour, and checking my phone just as frequently to make sure I didn't miss the all-call from our district.  Admittedly, I'm even crossing my fingers for at least an hour delay in the morning. 


In other news, grad school started again this week, and I actually had to go on campus tonight.  So. Wierd.  Mostly because I'm like 10 years older than the youngest students on campus, and I wonder how out of place I look.  The good news is that about every female on campus was wearing leggings and Uggs, so I fit in from the waist down.   The better news is that the campus is now equipped with a Starbucks, so I at least I can be an old maid with a cool cup of coffee.

The kitchen progress is slow.  We have a lot of wall repair to do before we can move onto painting, and anyone with an older home can attest to the fact that plaster walls are not the most cooperative.  {Remember, when I say "we," what I really mean is B.}  A friend's husband is coming tomorrow to transfer our gasline to the opposite side of the kitchen, so that's something.  And our new fridge is in.  I'm going to name him Stan, which is French for Stainless Steel, I think ;)  My most pressing issue right now is whether to go with Metro Mist of Clothesline Fresh.  Hmmmmmm.  I think I need another Snow Day to help me decide.
Je m'appelle, Stan.


Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad y'all had a fun snow day :)

Good luck choosing a paint color...I'm loving those colors you have to choose from!

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I can totally relate...I SHOULD have worked on report cards today, but instead I obsessed with Blogger for a minimum of 4 hours. I need to delete my account before it takes the place of my hubby! I, too, am hoping for a delay tomorrow (in a sick and twisted way!) Now that we're out of snow days, bring on the delays!

Megan
http://mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com/

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Glad you enjoyed your snow days... some days you just need lazy ones! :)

Erica said...

Lucky you! We missed this round of snow and didn't get any delays or early outs. Looks like fun playing with your cutie...snow days are even better now that I have a sweetie to stay home with too!

Shannon said...

It's good to know that the teachers are just as insane as the kids when it comes to school closings. It's days like todau I'm soooo glad I don't have to get up and drive anywhere. My old job NEVER shut down so I was expected in 12 inches of snow and more. Ridic. ANyway, you should probably just have Becks play pin the tail on the paint swatch to narrow it down. But I like where your going with those colors!

sparklinteach said...

Hello,
I was wondering if you could help me determine whether or not my recent Cardy Ugg boots are real vs. fake. I have the gray ones, like yours. Are the bottoms of the boots flexible. Can you bend them a little? Also, can you please take a picture of the inside label that tells the shoe size? I have been researching about fake vs. real Uggs. Everything seems to be authentic except the soles. Thanks so much for your help! My email is sparklinteach@yahoo.com.

Unknown said...

Glad you had some time off! I've only recently discovered teacher blogs (ohmy!) and my snow days this week have consisted of me stuck to my macbook!

I'm working on my master's degree also. My classes don't start back up until next Tuesday. I'm at the half-way point right now, and I'm looking forward to being finished (so I can spend all my time on my new blog stalking hobby...)

I just finished up a blog about a cheap alternative to expensive document cameras. Check it out here:

http://TeachingHappilyEverAfter.blogspot.com/

~*~Ash!*~

Gina said...

I live in Hawaii and although we don't get snow days we did have a day of a huge rain storm with winds up to 20-50 mph. NO FUN! But I am just loving your blog. You write about fun stuff! My hubs and I are fixing up our house as well. Nice fridge you picked out :)
Thank care!
Gina

http://beaniesdailyblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in the middle (the 4 individual ones)! The grays on the top look to have a purple undertone to them and the bottom ones look to have a blue in them. Grays can be tricky because to different people they look a completely different color.
I wish I could get my husband to update our kitchen like that. Any chance you will YHL this project and fill us in step by step? I would love to know! :) Can't wait to see the end product!

Mikey said...

Ok, you're crackin' me up thinking anyone on campus would think you're "old" I bet they didn't even think you were out of college yet :) Good for you going back and continuing your ed. I wish I had gone back before I had my 3 boys. I have my masters but I would LOVE to get my 6th year~that's what we call it here in CT. It would help greatly on the pay scale. When everything is said and done and you look back, I know the time will have flown, especially with a little one at home, life goes too fast. Anyway, one of these days when I can get back too, I'm sure the kids on campus will be wondering "who is that granny?" lol. Thanks for always sharing your cute classroom ideas, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! You are too funny! I also had 2 snow days this week in AR and totally enjoyed them!! But now I'm dreading making them up on our Feb. & April days off! lol!

Gina said...

You are seriously the funniest blogger I know.

I am jealous of your late starts. Those don't exist in my district. Can you believe it?

Stephanie said...

Glad you got some snow too. We got about three inches and then about a 1/2 inch of ice. We had Monday - Wednesday off and a delay this morning!! Pretty sure week!! :)

I can't wait to see pictures of the new kitchen!!