Image Map

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Today I Think I’ll Buy A Unitard


Now, that’s a post-title you don’t read everyday.  But it’s what I thought when I woke up this morning.  I think I’ll buy a unitard

No?  You didn’t think the same thing?

Well, why ever not?

Is it because it reminds you of 80s workout garb?

Or perhaps because only a person name Eunice (which I would clearly pronounce Unis) with a unibrow would wear a unitard?
UNIS
That’s what I thought, too.  Before.

Before Rebecca changed me.  Because, sister can *rock* a unitard and thoroughly convinced me with this post that I should at least entertain the idea of adding a unitard to my wardrobe.

First and foremost, I wear leggings about 98.5% of the time.  The other 1.5% I’m wearing something restricting and uncomfortable and am thinking about why I didn’t wear leggings.  {Except in the summer when I live in dresses.}  They’re a versatile wardrobe staple that hold me in and smooth me out when necessary.  Let’s be honest: the bottom line is just that they’re so dang comfortable!  So, why not just feel comfortable all over and buy a unitard?!  Perfect for winter underneath everything, me thinks.

So, I made a plan of action.  First off, I had to locate said unitard.  Rebecca’s is from American Apparel and darnit if we don’t have one of those close by that I’d never visited.  It opened at 11am, which is too late for me to subsist on coffee alone (cause let’s be honest – who wants to try on a unitard with a belly full of Raisin Bran?).  I opted for a mini Clif Bar instead.

Beckham went with me.  Through the shadiest part of town ever.  If you’re familiar with Cinci, then you probably know exactly what I’m talking about.  Long story short, I made it there holding my breath, not making eye contact with anyone, and then parked at a parking meter which I had no intention of paying.  Because I had zero change.  And I intended to be parked there for less than three minutes. 
Went in the store, grabbed the unitard, and it. was. LOVE.  I tried it on with the tunic I was wearing and Becks cowered in the corner.
001

Then, I came home and made B snap several extremely awkward pictures of me in the unitard.  All while I sang…

I wanna unitard-amus for Christmas…
020

…only a unitard-amus will do!
017

Don’t wanna doll.  No dinky tinker toy.

I wanna unitard-amus to play with and enjoy!
014        016

Verdict?

Comfortable and I will wear it a lot.

I am wondering how I’m going to go to the bathroom.  Hmm.

No, I have no intentions of wearing it all by itself. 

Here’s how I’m wearing it right now:
025       026
{Sorry ‘bout the double shots.  I’m tall, with limited room in our bedroom, and I didn’t feel like changing my fixed lens.}

Omiword.  So now you either think I’m crazy and are immediately going to de-follow me, or you’re going to be singing the tune to I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas! all day.  I apologize for my weirdness in advance. 

So, that’s all.  I bought a unitard.  Are you spending your Saturday thinking about unitards, too?

:)

44 comments:

Unknown said...

No weirdness...I think it is a great idea, right up until the point when I need to pee...lol
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Amanda at Learn, Laugh, Grow said...

Hahaha LOVE IT! :) I, too, love my leggings!!

Amanda
Learn, Laugh, Grow

Holly said...

I'd look like hippopotamus {Tried spelling that word 5 times before finally looking it up} if I squeezed my body into one of those things.

But you, look adorable!

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Clutter-Free Classroom said...

Oh my gosh you are hysterical. Did I miss a haircut post? Adorable!


❤Jodi from...
★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
Helping Teachers Get Organized

Anonymous said...

This seems to be an amazing idea. Wonder where one would purpose said unitard if an AA store was not near them? Must find out!

Unknown said...

you are not wearing it you are rocking it! I imagine unitard sales skyrocketing from 2 {you and Rebecca} to possibly billions. I am certainly pondering it now...
thanks for bringing back the 80s. I would steal my mom's ultrashiny pink unitard and leg warmers with matching headband while dancing to a record in my room. Yea I'm kind of oldish.
tunstall's teaching tidbits

Grace said...

Hilarious! Love your hair!

Angie said...

OMg that is awesome! And a great idea!

Erin Lukas said...

Why hasn't EVERYONE who loves leggings ever thought of this?!

I need to go locate my closet unitard retailer! No more hiding behind the cubbies at work to sneak a pull up on my leggings!! hahaha-- I know I'm not the only one that does that!!

Creating & Teaching

Cara Carroll said...

No words, girl. No words. I didn't wake up thinking about a unitard, but leg warmers did creep into my mind. Now a unitard sounds pretty dang tempting. Thinking I could channel Jennifer Beals in Flashdance...I'd just need a cute sweatband and sweatshirt ;) As usual, you are precious. You'd look cute in a dang paper bag! And I LOVE, LOVE your hair!!!!! CUTE!!!!! XOXO

Cara :)

Hilary Lewis said...

Love it! I'm with Jennifer and Holly...the peeing and the fact that I would look like a hippo...too much! Turn the pictures in my head off! LOL

Thanks for the giggles!

Hilary
Rockin' Teacher Materials

Michelle said...

i totally wanted to run out and get one until the whole bathroom thought! I was just imagining you in your unitard running after the tow truck downtown because you didn't pay the meter! :) Those pictures are priceless.
Michelle

Jess said...

You look pretty fabulous in a unitard. I love leggings so I feel like I would love this! But I go to the bathroom all the time I can't even imagine taking off everything each time I needed to.Totally cute on your long and lean body though!
Rambling About Reading

Rachelle said...

First of all, HOW CUTE IS YOUR HAIR!!!! LOVE!

And as far as a unitard, I was TOTALLY thinking you'd be wearing it by itself. but let's be honest....you'd rock it girl!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

I'm thinkin' if you're 4'11" like me you can't wear a unitard. But you...go girl! Your hair looks adorable too!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Lea Liz said...

You are too cute! What a great idea! By the way, you are rocking the unitard even by itself :)

Jessica said...

hahahahah I am cracking up! My sister is totally judging me too! ;) You are too funny Abby!
Jessica
Under the Alphabet Tree

Unknown said...

Holy cats, you almost made me pee my pants! Those are some great pictures. The unitard is darling. I would look like an idiot in one. As a matter of fact, I still have some of my unitards I used to wear for dance class in the 80's. They're fuschia and they are fabulous! However, the bathroom part is what concerns me the most.
And, thanks for sharing Rebecca's post. She is the sweetest thing!
~Andi

Jen R said...

haha...girl you are too funny! And bravo for you being able to pull that off! :) I'm thinking I should go by myself one so that it'll be motivation to lose my baby weight (after almost 2 weeks, I'm almost there!! woohoo!)
The Teachers’ Cauldron

Miss Kindergarten said...

haha! love this! But the times I use the bathroom in one day would make this thoroughly impossible for me!

Mrs. Saoud said...

Hi Friend. One question... What did B think? My husband would Baker Act me immediately and give me a ticket for disorderly conduct. LOL. I do have leg warmers and LOVE!!!

Cheryl
Primary Graffiti

Ashley said...

If I tried to put on a unitard I'd snag that puppy like fake nails in a pair of pantyhose. You look adorable in it- like you do in most everything else!

Ms.M said...

I have not problems with a unitard. I think it looks great. I love me some leggings. I wear pants all the time, and in the winter leggins are a must under my pants. My problem is with the bathroom situation. You will have to share how you do it.

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

Jessica said...

First off, super cute hair do! Love it! And second, those unitards really do look comfy! But how in the world do you go pee?! I think I may just stick with my leggings. :)

Sarah Mackey said...

And what a great way to end the evening. Laughing and going to bed now to dream of unitards!!! Thanks.
Sarah
mackeysclassroom.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Abby love the unitard! Love the weirdness! It makes you human!

Megan said...

I'm not singing I want a hippopatamus. I'm singing "I want Abby's body for Christmas... or Valentines, or Easter, or any other damn season that would see fit to deliver me that rockin' body of Abby's." How'd you like that song? :-) You look FABULOUS!

MrsKinne said...

Hilarious. And, I also feel like time spent not wearing leggings is pretty much the worst ever.

According to Ashley said...

Best post ever, my friend. You have inspired us all. (PS - I've missed your posts! So glad you're blogging more often!) :)

Tanya Solano said...

Sooooo, cute, uni and hair! Love them both. I would LOVE to be able to wear leggings/uni, but I would look like an elf (5'2"). And I'd never hear the end of it from son who is 5' 12"...

LOVE the pictures. B is a good sport!

Happy Sunday.
❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

Erica Bohrer said...

LOL! Um, you don't need to follow my fitness blog. You are a skinny minnie!

AbbyS. said...

HA! You almost had me until the bathroom thing...I think I;ll stick with my leggins, but thank you for a good laugh while I am supposed to be writing lesson plans.

Jodi said...

Hahahahaha! Love the unitard! You're rocking it! Also, your haircut looks great!

Jodi
fun-in-first.blogspot.com

Nat said...

Love it!! The first thing I thought when I saw unitard was what if I have to go to the bathroom haha!!

luckeyfrog said...

Pretty sure my sister-in-law lives in that scary part of Cincy! Glad you made it out... and you crack me up!

Jill said...

Love it! I want one...just have to find a store that has them. No American Apparel around here.

ms.composure said...

LoL...LOVING these pics and this post!

http://infinitelifefintess.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Hope King said...

Pure Awesomeness! I just had a flashback of Jessie Spano in Saved by the Bell! Wait...does that make me old? You are hysterical!

Anonymous said...

I love this hahhaha!

your newest follower....

http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

Jillian said...

Ha ha, you are hilarious!! And so skinny minny!!

Alex said...

Did you see they have a 3-pack?? :) http://store.americanapparel.net/rsa8324pac.html Too cute!

Allyson McGuire said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read this! I love that you used I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas to "celebrate" your unitard too. I just found your sweet blog, and I'm definitely looking forward to being your newest follower!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So cute! Loving his expressions! Such a cute kid!

xo.Britt
themagnoliapair.com
^I am haveing a Favor Days Giveaway for $25 !

Kristin Young said...

I just cracked up reading that entire thing. From Unis to the Hippopotamus. And thank you for my musical ADD that will continue singing for the rest of the day!

Love your honesty. :)
Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten