Image Map

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yagoot for You!

After I tried on a unitard {see yesterday’s post}, I took my sweet precious on a date to Yagoot.

They serve real frozen yogurt with all kinds of fun toppings.  Becks chose strawberry yogurt with raspberry and banana accents.  It was totally yum.

008

I opted for the random combination of Italian Cocoa, toasted almonds, bananas, and…mangos.  I know, mangos?!  That’s what I was thinking, too, when I received my final order.  I think the Mangos just looked so tasty and fresh, that I didn’t consider its awkwardness when combined with the other flavors.  Whatever.  Still yum!

009

Geez Louise, just looking at that picture makes me want to go back! 

Anyway, the lighting in the shop was totally amazing, so I took lots and lots of pictures.  We were the only customers at the time, so I didn’t feel too crazy squatting on the floor for the best views or snapping random pictures of their chairs.  However, I did feel the need to compliment them on the lighting.  Which I did when I caught them staring at me. 

011

010

006

012

Lots of you have asked about my camera and my editing software lately, so here’s the deets…

It’s a Canon T1i that I got for Christmas last year.  And here’s a nerdy pic of me feigning surprise:

Canon

I recently got a new lens for it { 50mm f1.4} that I looooooove {thanks to my fab in-laws!}.  It creates that fun bokeh look that I’m obsessed with lately (blurry backgrounds).    I also shoot mostly in manual with a BBF {courtesy of my super talented friend, Cara!!!!!}, rarely using my flash.

I edit with whatever Microsoft program that came on my computer, usually enhancing the color and messing with the contrast, brightness, and clarity.  I’d love some fancy Photoshop program, but I think they’re pretty costly and I don’t know that I’d know how to work it even if I did own it!  {If you know of an expensive, easy-to-use editing software, do share!!!}

I’m faaaaaaaaaaaar from having perfect pics, but it sure is a fun hobby to have :)

Happy Sunday, friends!!!!!

22 comments:

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

I just got a really nice Canon camera for Christmas too :) I LOVE taking pics of everything (I'm pretty sure my dog babies hate that about me because they are also subjects...hehe :) Thanks for always making me smile with your posts :) Have a truly happy Sunday!

Lisa :)
Made in the Shade in Second Grade

Jen R said...

totally googling if we have a Yagoot near us! lol.
Yum!
The Teachers’ Cauldron

Gina said...

I never wanted a good camera till I saw your pics. You seem like you've learned so quickly!!

Miss Kindergarten said...

Your pictures are fabulous! It doesn't hurt that Becks is adorable! I have paint.net on my computer. It's free and has pretty similar features to photoshop. Not that I know how to use it...haha

Christy said...

Try ACDSee.com Not too expensive and I love it for editing!

Rachelle said...

Wow!!! Great pictures Abby!!!

I really need a camera. I just have NO expertise in taking pictures and all of that lens stuff, lighting, etc....I don't understand that! Hmm...maybe I'll have to chat with you when we meet up :)

C @ mommy in the midwest said...

I do love the light, the colors, and the modern chairs in there. Very cute! Makes me want yogurt RIGHT.NOW.

luckeyfrog said...

I find Google Picasa to have almost anything I need, and it's free to download!

Jamie (2nd Grade Stuff) said...

OK so these pictures are fab and my iPhone camera just doesn't have the same effect {imagine that}. Off camera shopping I go! My camera is an older Sony CyberShot and it will not stay charged for more than half a second. Great pictures!

I'm new y'all! Follow me at 2nd Grade Stuff

Jill said...

I have that same camera, and absolutely LOVE it! I wish I was as good as you are, and able to shoot in manual mode...maybe someday I'll have time to play with that a bit! Have you read the book Mamarazzi? Fun read, with good ideas...You may enjoy it! Love the lighting in these pics!

lee ann said...

I'm new to your blog. Great stuff!! That yogurt place looks fun and yummy! I've never heard of it. I love the necklace you're wearing in the picture of you acting surprised.

Erin Eberhart said...

Is Yagoot or however you spell it, like a menchies!? We don't have one in TN, but it looks yummy! The lighting in there is totally fabulous - agreed! :) I got a new DSLR camera for my Master's graduation and am dying for a diff lens. Any recommendation on where to purchase one? With a smaller apeture? (f 1.4) Is that the word I'm looking for?
Erin
Eberhart’s Explorers

Michelle said...

Just wait until we get together girl! I'm totally bringing my Nikon and I just got that same lens. I had to have it before Christmas so I could take bokeh pics with the Christmas tree lights behind. You'll have to give me a manual crash course. I'm totally self-taught and that means, have no flippin' idea what I'm doing!

Emily said...

Photoshop has an educator discount! It's still pricey, but it's only $200 as opposed to the normal $900+ price!

Unknown said...

Love the photos! You can buy the full Lightroom editing edition for like $90 if you are a teacher! Just got it and it is great!!!

Mommy Webb said...

Look at your handsome big boy. Sigh. So grown up. Thanks for sharing the deeds on your new lens. I really want one!

Unknown said...

WHat kind of camera do you own? I LOVE how you take pictures!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

such a cute blog!

Tiffany
www.thejonescoffeehouse.blogspot.com

Tangelia C. said...

I just gave you an award! Come over to my blog to check it out!!

Melissa said...

I have the same camera and LOVE it! One of the best things I ever bought! I would love to get a different lens for it someday :) I use Gimp to edit photos, which is a free version of Photoshop you can download online. It took me a little while to get it figured out, but you can do anything! I've never used Photoshop, so I'm not sure about the differences between the two, but it works great for me :)

Megan said...

Where are you?!?!?! The blogosphere is not near as much fun without your antics in it!

Erica Bohrer said...

Gorgeous shots! I bought a new camera and lens following Cara's advice. Now, I need to learn to shoot in manual, too.