Image Map

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sleep Deprivation

In all honesty, I have not lacked for sleep since Baby B entered the world. Waking up once in the middle of the night seems like a small price to pay for his joyous presence, and I usually fall right back to sleep after our 20 minute nursing session anyway.

However, it wasn't until tonight that I realized that B is not faring so well. I was sitting on the couch, much like I am now, with Baby B sleeping next to me. It is approximately 7:25pm. I went to the kitchen to get a bowl of salad and heard B call out from where he was sleeping on the smaller sofa. The following conversation ensued...

B: I've got to get up! (alarm and panic in his voice, rising from his place on the couch)

Me: Why? (holding bowl of salad, wondering why there is a sense of urgency in his voice)

B: I always take a shower in the morning! (glaring at me as if I am stupid)

Me: Are you kidding? (still holding bowl of salad)

B: No! (heading for bathroom)

Me: Seriously, are you joking? (now eating salad)

B: What? (still glaring)

Me: It's 7:25pm. (realizing he seriously thinks he's slept from tonight into tomorrow.)

B: (finally coming to)

Me: Did you really think I'd be eating a bowl of salad at 7:25am?

B: (smiles sheepishly. lays back down on couch)

Poor guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad B. I have done that too. Once while I was working at Revco Warehouse I even went as far as to call into work and tell them I had overslept, and that I would be in as soon as I could get there. I finally came to when the guard started laughing.Eerie feeling.
Aunt Debbie S.

Lindsey Brodsky said...

It is at times like this when we, as women, realize that we are able to deal with things SO much better than men ... bless their heart!