Image Map

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good Morning!

Wow. I can't believe it's been almost a whole week since I posted last. Shame on me.

The main reason I haven't posted (besides the fact that I am a working mother with a life), is that I cannot for the life of me find the camera. Which means I can only provide you with words and no pictures. Major bummer.

So, here's some random things you need to know...

1. The air conditioner is working. And then it's not. And then it's working again. And then it's not. This is very frustrating. But, today, it's a lovely 68 degrees out currently with a pleasant breeze, so we have the windows open. Love it.

2. Baby B is still recovering from his cold. But he's not near as snuffly as he was a week and a half ago. We also went to his two-month check-up last week. Here are his current stats: 13lb9oz and 24" long - the 90th percentile in both! He's growing like a weed. He also had to get FOUR shots which all but broke my heart. I cried harder than he did.

Oh, and guess what? BABY B ROLLED OVER YESTERDAY! And, it couldn't be a fluke because he did it SIX TIMES!!!! He's so amazing and intelligent and super-dee-duper and terrific and lovely and all the most wonderful adjectives rolled into one diapered little bundle. Sigh. Love him.

3. My handyman husband is accomplishing task after task at our house. The glass front door did go up last weekend (after two straight days of work and the purchase of a $150 saw to help install it!). We owe a HUGE thanks to my father-in-law, Mike, who spent his Labor Day weekend helping us out. Then, B and Matt, our brother-in-law, installed a ceiling fan in Baby B's room and are putting the second one in our room today. Wahoo! And, to top it all off, B fixed the washer. Love my husband. Most of the time, anyway ;)

4. A big congrats to Chels, Matt, and Soph - they're having a BOY! Can you puh-leaaaaase name him Gretzsky? He he he....

5. Another big congrats to new parents, Rachel and Lee, on the birth of their son, Walker! Baby B and Walker will attend UK together in the fall of 2026. Holy Cow. We're very excited for them and cannot wait to meet the new little man. And, Rach, I PROMISE you will eventually receive the gifts that I purchased Walker, ummmmm, before Baby B arrived. Sorry!

Okay, when we locate the camera I will post pics of the new door and of my amazing son. Have a great Saturday!

No comments: