Image Map

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ugh.

It's the end of the first grading period at school. And you know what that means?

REPORT CARDS.

And you know what that means?

PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES.

And you know what that means?

I HAVE LITTLE TO NO LIFE FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS.

Ick. Ick. And double ick.

Being a newbie, I'm expecting the worst - long hours spent hunched over my compter entering non-grades into the dinosaur of a program we have...coordinating schedules with demanding parents...time spent away from Baby B since I can only access the report card program from school...overtime without pay...the general crankiness that comes with spending too much time away from home...discussing "issues" that parents are in denial about...you get the picture.

Sigh.

The good thing is that I will still love my job in the end because I am, in fact, doing what I love. I will come out alive.

In other news, the 30 days of Nothing is going well. I like spending cash rather than sliding my card all the time. I'm a more conscientious spender when I sit and think about how much I'll have left after I make a purchase.

This past week I spent $37 on groceries, $5 on a prescription, and $27 on gas for B's car. Oh, and then the random $25 last night on a new coffee pot. For some reason the $60 new age machine we got for our wedding decided to spit out liquid energy that tasted like mildew. Ewwww. And this was after I ran vinegar through it twice.

I was actually going to use some of our grocery money to hit up Starbucks last night, and then I realized that two grande whatevers would probably cost half of what a whole new machine would cost. So, instead, I did the smart thing and went to Walmart at 9:30pm. B and I were both pulling late-nighters last night on various work projects, so we needed the caffeine boost.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: