Image Map

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Arrrrgggghhhh....

I've had a rotten, no good, very bad day.
My car cost us $811.40 to fix, which pretty much explains it all.

That makes me wish we lived somewhere that was perpetually warm, and I could ride a bike everywhere and Baby B could ride in a sidecar. Like Snoopy and Woodstock.

My prayer was that the cost be less than $1000 - which it was - but only by a hair because when you add on the towing fee ($60) and the new battery that B installed ($80), we're just shy of that $1000 cap. Ugh. B's car is paid off in December, praise God, which is why I wanted to make it through this year before we go thinking about buying new wheels.

My car is 11 years old AND has 122,000 miles on it, so I give her credit for making it this far. In all honesty, I will probably drive her til she dies. I'm not big on getting something new just for the sake of having a cool car and all, though I do love the new car smell just as much as the next person. I guess it's the Dave Ramsey in me...

Anyway, I needed to complain. Thanks for listening.

Oh, and here's a cute pic of my boy child. He's eating an alligator. Love him.


2 comments:

The White Family said...

Yuck! Doesn't it seem like it is always something? Just remember... it could always be worse!

Nat said...

Isn't it ridiculous how expensive cars are!! My civic is 5 yrs old and I'm hoping she gives me at least 5 more good years!


Cutest pic of baby be!