Image Map

Monday, September 13, 2010

N-O-L-A Girls, We're Irresistable!

On Friday afternoon, I boarded a plane with these lovely ladies for New Orleans, LA - which you all - no problem - identified as my weekend destination. And, yes, the beignets were absolutely devine, though I could have done without the the hot and humid weather and the unavoidable stench of the city that we couldn't seem to escape.
Omiword, I am a GIANT!

We were celebrating the singledom of my best friend, Allison, who will marry in less than a month. Having studied architecture for six months in NOLA in 2006, she thought it only appropriate to have her last hurrah in one of her favorite cities. Admittedly, I had a very hard time leaving my boys, and lost it in the terminal when my mom told me that Becks cried for 15 minutes after dropping me at the airport. To drive the dagger in further, B said that on Saturday he just burst into tears and said, I miss mommy! I died. I haven't flown or been more than 2 hours away from Becks since he was born, and I made sure everyone important knew my wishes for him should I not make it back from this trip. Yes, I am that kind of crazy.


But despite my the unfortunate demise of my freshly polished toes {no, really, I'm probably going to lose nails from walking Bourbon Street in heels the first night we were there}, I made it out relatively unscathed. Was I exhausted at school this morning, landing less than 12 hours before? Oh yes. Did I feel awful getting to see my boy for only 45 minutes before bedtime on Sunday night? Definitely. But, did I make some memories with some great friends and a beautiful bachelorette? Absolutely.

For those of you familiar with NOLA, we not only visited Cafe du Monde, but also had dinner at The Court of Two Sisters, had brunch at Stanley's, hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's and lunch at Cafe Fleur de Lys.


And, because no trip is complete without a little medical drama, Allison stepped on broken glass as we were headed home for the evening, and apparently every doctor on Bourbon Street wanted to come to her rescue, plus a male nurse {or so he said}. From the looks of it, we were headed to the ER in New Orleans. But, Katie settled us all down, and put the doctor part of her DMD to good use and fix up our girl in the shower stall back at the hotel. {Sister, I hope you got that tetanus shot...}

And, because he's always on my mind - how funny was it that I should come across a little piece of home hundreds of miles away?


Have a great Monday, yall!

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad y'all had fun! But I know you were super excited to get back to your boys :)

Ashley said...

looks like a fabulous trip! :)

Katie said...

You aren't a giant... I am a midget.

Mama Gorka said...

Looks like a great time! I bet Beckham loved every moment with you even it was just for 45 minutes!

Ms. J said...

I think I just commented from my friend's blog, her account was logged on to my computer! But it looked like you had a great time and I am sure Becks enjoys every moment with you, even if it's just for 45 minutes! You're a great momma!

Lea Liz said...

How much fun!!! I don't know how you left B, but you deserved it and needed it!! Looks like you all had a great time!!

The Denoves said...

You always look so cute!! Hopefully I can go back to being cute after I give birth to this little one!! You have to give me some tips

Jillian said...

You are not a giant:) You are beautiful and tall:) I would kill for your height!!

Lyryn said...

YOU ARE SO PRETTY! I'm so glad you had a great time! So exciting!

PinkLouLou said...

Soo fun!!! I am jealous. Had I known this I would have sent a PinkLouLou veil your way! xox y'all look so pretty and definitely like you are keeping up the pi girl class!

A Wedding Story said...

You look so, so pretty in all your pictures!!! Love your clothes!