Image Map

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Down on the Farm

Today we are at home.  Being church skippers.  Becks cold isn't improving and he's since re-infected all of us.  I guess preschool germs are different from first grade germs because I was convinced I'd be immune to whatever he brought home.  Apparently not. His nose is a perpetual source of agony, as we chase him around with Kleenex in an effort to prevent the snotty stream from running elsewhere.  Namely his mouth.  Bleh.  Thank goodness he's in {mostly} good spirits - when he's not whining that we're wiping his nose for the 487th time of the day, of course.

I'd like to say we're being productive playing hooky today, but we're totally not.  Becks is attempting to clean up his toys, B is cozy on the couch with coffee, and I'm doing a weekend blog.  C'est la vie.

* * * * *
Yesterday we had the opportunity to participate in a tour of a local farm.  There was hay-riding, pumpkin patch picking, cider drinking, goat milking, chickadee holding, and animal petting and feeding.  It all was fun, but I'd say Becks' favorite part was feeding and milking the nanny goats.  We have quite the little farmer on our hands - which was especially evident when he responded to Farmer Annie's question about what type of animals we were going to see and our little 2-year-old spouted off "Cows, goats, and alpacas."  He he he.






Happy, happy Sunday to you and your's!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I feel ya on the sick and skipping church thing. I feel like a big bum this morning, but I feel like crap. Silly school germs.

Also...CUTE pics of your boy :)

Jamie said...

Glad y'all had a fun weekend :) I love Beck's outfit and that 3rd picture of him is just adorable!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

We skipped church also today! I seriously slept until 11! Our party wore me out last night... Love the pumpkin patch pics. Ours didnt have chicks...Im sooo jealous. Those are adorable!! Have a great Sunday and hope your boy feels better!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Sorry he doesn't feel well. Poor thing. I got a cold this week and it does take it out of you!

The Chapmans said...

Looks like so much fun! We went to a farm market yesterday and will be posting pics tonight.

Ariane said...

These are the cutest picks of Becks to date!