Image Map

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Coupon Tuesday :)


I don't usually do posts like this, but thought maybe you needed some inspiration to start coupon clipping and deal shopping. If not, skip this post and come back later when I convince you that my son is destined for soccer greatness.

For everything pictured above, I spent $14.85.

The only thing I paid full price for was the fruit and chips, which were on sale, but I didn't have a coupon for them.

This will be my weekly grocery shopping, as I already have a solid stock of other necessities (i.e. dairy, meet, sweets) on hand.

The above is composed of items from three different stores. Here's how it all breaks down:

Walgreens

2 Boxes of Huggies Wipes @ $2.98
__________________________
Total before coupons = $5.96
Total after coupons = $1.98

Kroger

3 Kiwi @ $1 = $1
1 Cantelope @ $.88 = $.88
4 Pkgs. Danimal Yogurts @ $1.88 = $7.52
1 Nutripals @ $3.63 = $3.63
2 Reeses Cups @ $.50 = $1.00
1 Kroger Tortilla Chips @ $1.00 = $1.00
______________________________
Total before coupons = $15.03
Total after coupons = $7.14

Target

1 Earth's Best Organic Baby Crackers @ $1.77 = $1.77
2 Kellogg's Pop Tarts @ $1.52 = $3.04
1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cup @ $1.00 = $1.00
1 Edy's Ice Cream @ $3.04 = $3.04
5 Rimmel Mascaras @ 2.24 = $11.20
2 Pkgs Bic Mechanical Pencils @ $1.24 = $2.48
_____________________________
Total before coupons = $22.53
Total after coupons = $5.73


So, couponing is amazing. Hopefully, by keeping our weekly grocery budget under $50 a week, I can start attacking some of our debt (are you listening Sallie Mae?).

Please leave a comment or email me babblingabby(at)gmail(dot)com if you have any questions about starting to coupon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I always say I'm going to do this and NEVER do! I never know where to find coupons! Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

Duet Diva said...

I am requesting a post where you list your menus for the week (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and explain how you spend $50.00 each week on your menus and your basic home needs (including baby items). That would be REALLY helpful!

Mer said...

i agree - where in the heck do you find these awesome coupons?? I need to start saving! Miss your face :(

Mommy Webb said...

Great post. Very inspirational! I am amazed at how much we can save by clipping a few coupons. Now put that yummy Eddy's in the freezer before it melts. That stuff is delish!

Unknown said...

you've inspired me! i clipped coupons for the first time today and saved mucho - so much that i plan to blog all about it