Image Map

Monday, March 9, 2009

We're baaaaack... (I know, corny title)


Okay. I have the timer set for 30 minutes. That's it. At 2 o'clock I have to quit blogging and start unpacking and cleaning. Do you need evidence that my life is in complete and udder disarray at the moment? Here it is...

Don't look too closely or you might see the almost entirely empty box of Somoa (caramel delite) Girl Scout cookies that I have single-handedly polished off in the past two days.

Does it not just make you want to scream, throw in the towel, and hire a live in maid? Well, that's what it does to me. Except I'm a teacher, and the maid thing would never fit into my coupon-clipping lifestyle.

Anyway, I can't even describe the speed of life around here. It's comparable to that of a NASCAR race, but substitute the squealing tires for a squealing baby. Baby B has decided to pretty much grow up in the past week. He suddenly thinks he's big stuff because he can PULL UP ON THINGS. WHAT? Yes, he can. This weekend he just decided that sitting on the floor was not cutting it anymore, so he took to standing. So, at 8:30 last night we found ourselves repositioning the mattress in his crib. Tear. My sweet precious is getting too big.

Our weekend in Michigan was great, despite the fact that Madge, our GPS, almost took us to Canada. No, seriously. I called my aunt from the toll booth before the Ambassador Bridge wondering why I'd never paid a toll before when getting to their house. I kid you not, it said that that was the way to I-75. I have never been so lost in my life. I think we toured every street in downtown Detroit. SCARY. It didn't help that it was pouring the ENTIRE trip either. Apparently, GPSes do not account for the construction detours or rain, for that matter. However, this was a great test for our marriage and B and I were in hysterics at one point we were laughing so hard. Parenting Tip #101 - To occupy a baby while eating at Panera Bread, simply give them a crusty French Baquette. You actually might enjoy some adult conversation, though fishing out soggy chunks of bread totally might interrupt.

Oh, and the Redwings got KILLED. 8-2. Are you kidding me?! We paid $160 for these tickets and drove 288 miles, leaving behind 75 degree weather to watch the defending Stanley Cup Champions lose? Oh, yes. We did. But I did wear a really cute rhinestone encrusted Redwing tee. If you're going to be an NHL fan, you might as well be a cute one, right? :)

The best part of our trip was visiting with my Aunt Ann and Uncle Chris who so hospitably put us up for two nights and babysat Baby B. We can't wait to see them in July.

I know this is random and I haven't posted in a while, but life continues to be busy busy busy. And spending time with my growing boy trumps blogging any day.

No comments: