Image Map

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Snip, snip, snip.

For info on TEACHER WEEK, see end of post...
If it's at all possible to suffer from laminate cutting induced arthritis, I am certain I am going to be a candidate. I {not even kidding} have probably cut out 40 feet of laminated goods in the past two weeks, and am pretty sure I can think of a dozen other things to run through the machine before August 18th. I suffer from a shiny, plastic surface addiction, I guess.

For me, though, the icing on the cake of classroom prepartion is labeling everything in lots of different fonts that I obsess over as select the appropriate Sharpie marker tip. I will write and rewrite until I find satisfaction in the perfect thickness. My college roomies are nodding their heads in agreement right now...and quite possibly snickering too. You shut your mouths, girls.
I mean, come on, is there anything better than this:
Also, I haven't forgot about TEACHER WEEK! I've just been busy (cutting laminate, duh!). I'm sure I don't have to explain to any of you teachers how crazy the weeks before school are :)

Anyway, let's do it next week, August 9-12th. Here's my proposal, and feel free to let me know if I should add anything...

Monday - Open House (this will be a meet the teachers in bloggy world day and can include a brief bio, pictures and referrals to your teaching website if you have one; make sure you don't list any information you want private (i.e. school where you teach))

Tuesday - Classroom Must-Haves (anything you just couldn't live without)

Wednesday - Creative Ideas (open-ended - can be anything you deem creative!)

Thursday - Classroom Tour (obvs must include pics!)

Friday - Favorite Websites (for resources, ideas, assessments, etc.)


I'll make sure you can link up here somehow so we can all visit each other's sites. And for those of you who are just here to look at pics of Becks (ahem, Mom), I'll try to keep up with my regular posts too.


Have a great day, friends :)

11 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like a great plan to me Girl!

I can't wait!!

I am not allowed in my room until next week to decorate because of custodians still working. But I have been to use the laminator!! :) So I am with ya on the clear plastic!! :)

Jamie said...

How fun!! Your kiddos names look great :)

Gina said...

Your suns are awesome! Love your handwriting...and yes, I love me some Sharpies. I buy more and more and more even when I don't need them. Do you love the Sharpie pens, too?

I hope your Logan is cute and sweet. ;)

AbbyS. said...

So funny. Last night as I was cutting out name plates, word wall words and new posters as I watched The Bachelorette I too thought about posting a pic of the plastic mess in my living room! Great minds think alike!!
Getting excited about Teacher Week!!

Katie said...

Yes I was snickering;)

Miss V said...

Oooh! I'm your newest follower and a soon to be teacher! In my final semester of the Credential program so I am anxiously awaiting Teacher Week! Awesome Idea!

Sugar and Spice said...

Sounds like fun! I definately want in, even though right now I am an unemployed teacher. :)

PinkLouLou said...

cute idea! I am so sad sometimes that I wasn't a teacher!

Mrs. G said...

I'm loving it. I'm finishing my BA in December and plan to hopefully teach. I'm always thinking of things to do for a classroom and always look around when I'm substituting. Looking forward to what everyone has to say.

MrsKinne said...

I just found your blog through Shannanigans, and I am so dorkily excited for Teacher Week. I am going into my second year of teaching first grade, and I am excited to steal ideas from other fabulous teachers. :)

Shannon said...

I shoulda been a teacher...just for decorating and writing out kids' names. I'm with you on obsessing over the fonts...my friends and I have penmanship contests at least once a year. Sad yet hilarious. Your suns look phenomenal!