Image Map

Monday, January 25, 2010

Mmmmonday!

Our house is old. It needs several renovations. Several expensive renovations. And since my husband is the B-of-all-trades he is convinced that he can accomplish these renovations himself, therefore making them less expensive. But also making them longer lasting.

That is why our hardwood floor still aren't finished one-and-a-half-years later. Oy.

But I am patient. And I will wait.
Even if I've been waiting for almost as long as we've been married. I believe in him and his can-do-it-ive-ness.

In the end it will be worth it. To glide in our socks across slickly lacquered wood. For a fraction of the cost. And the satisfaction that my husband did it all himself.

While I sat back, Diet Coke in hand, and encouraged him from the couch. That is now snugly situated in the dining room with the loveseat. And the TV stand. Two end tables. And a partridge in a pear tree.
What once was this:


Is now this:


We'll be cozy for awhile. But things are finally getting done. Baseboards first, then new paint on the walls, and then we will move out for a week while the hardwood gets sanded and shellacked and then shellacked two more times. Because it is fun to say shellack, is it not?

{PS. See you tonight for After the Final Tweet! Follow me on twitter @babblingabby!}

{PSS. If you live by me, and if you do you know it, all of our living room furniture is for sale on Craigslist. Message me at babblingabby(@)gmail(.)com if you're interested!}

{PSSS. I also have a cute infant boy lot for sale on eBay including Janie & Jack, Ralph Lauren, Baby Gap, and Petit Ami if you're an eBay-er. Check it out here!}

2 comments:

Nat said...

Yay for house renovations even if they take awhile! The hardwoods are going to look so good! You're also lucky your husband is handy, mine not so much.

Lea Liz said...

I know exactly what you mean about the rennovations!! Our house needs alot more updates too but its hard to find the time and money!! I want hardhood, it will be so worth it when it is done:)

I would definitly bid on your ebay lot if Brody were just a little smaller!